01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Embed into webpage with PTZ available

gingerweb

Hi.
I have just upgraded a camera at a golf club which was using a samsung and an Axis unit and some code that allowed the users to move the camera about. Sometimes it was a bit of a free for all but it was popular so would like to keep that as an option.

I got a Hikvision DS-2DF8225IX-AEL at a bit of a bargain and a Hik DVR 7600 series and they are working well. I have the app showing a great picture and the PTZ works great.

So now i want to get it on the website. I have tried the Axis box and i can get the picture online but there doint appear to be any PTZ drivers for the box, i tried a few but nothign other than a nice picture.

I am really new to this, very much a beginner, so im looking for, best case - some software that would allow me to display the video on the website with PTZ buttons under it, in the meantime it would be great to just get the video on the page!

Many thanks to anyone who can help!!

Hi @gingerweb,

With a bit of time and know-how, this can be achieved on an AXIS camera by self-configuration.

It's a little more complicated with Hikvision if you actually want access to the PTZ controls on the webpage. We had a customer who wanted to do the same thing and found out it was something that needs to be done through Hikvisionn directly - they ask for information about the system/requirements and go through the process with you.

You'll need to ask whoever supplied you with the camera to get in touch with Hikvison about getting set up with it, they call it 'webpage integration'.

Thanks Kyle, really appreciate your reply. I have set the camera up using ipcamlive for now so i have 12 months to get that done now. I have it running fine using "paths" and change them intermittently. Do you know is there a way to change the paths using the app? Or best case i would like to be able to set times that each paths run. One of them is mainly for security of the building and the rest are for watching the golf course. I cant see that this is possible but it ought to be!
cheers

By paths do you mean patrols/tours?
I've never come across the term paths - is that used by Hikvision or the App?

We're not familiar with the App, but my gut feel would be to doubt that the integration was so thorough as to enable that.

I cant access it at the moment (which is the issue having trouble with remote access) yes i think Hik calls it "paths" in the admin

Back