01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Event recording from a remote ip camera problem.

barrybumcheeks

Hi,
I have 2 identical NVR`s, at separate sites. Site A and Site B.

They are branded as Annke but I discovered they were OEM versions of Hikvision NVR`s.

I flashed both of them with Hikvision firmware and they both work perfectly and have done for the past 2 years.

NVR`s details
Model Annke N46PCK
Firmware V4.30.010 build 200715 (Hikvision)

Site A:
I have 4 Hikvision ColorVu cameras.
Model DS-2CD2347G2-LU
Firmware Version V5.5.800 build 210628

These cameras are connected to the POE ports of the NVR.
The NVR is connected to the internet via my Virgin Media Hub 3.0 router.
I use event and smart event based recording and it works fine for all cameras.
Local playback using the NVR and remote playback using the web work fine as does Hik-connect for my phone while out and about.

Site B:
I have 1 Hikvision ColorVu camera.
Model DS-2CD2347G2-LU
Firmware Version V5.5.800 build 210628

This camera is connected directly to the router via a single dedicated POE port.
The NVR is also connected to directly to the router.
All communication between this camera and the NVR is via the router.
The camera and the NVR are both on the same ip subnet allocated by the router using DHCP.
All types of event based recording work fine.
The camera used to be connected to the POE ports on the NVR but to try and solve the problem I decided to try and isolate the cause.

Here is the problem.
At site A using the camera management menu on the NVR I added the remote camera at site B.
I used UPnP for automatic port configuration for both NVRs and verified this via their respective routers port forwarding pages.
The camera was added and came online.
So now at site A I have 5 cameras. 4 local and 1 remote.
Problem is I cant use event recording for the remote camera.
I can set the schedule to event recording but it doesnt work. Only continuous recording works.
When I go to the events drop down menu for the cameras only the 1st 4 cameras appear.
The remote camera is not shown on the menu.
I thought it maybe because the remote camera was not directly connected to the NVR.
To check this out I went to site B and connected the camera to the router instead of the NVR.
The camera appeared on the event menu drop down.
Event recording worked fine at site B for the camera connected to the router confirming that
it was not because there was no direct connection between the camera and the NVR.
Further to this I then added the 4 cameras at site A to the NVR at site B.
Same situation. Contiuous remote recording only. No remote event recording.
Live view worked fine for all cameras at both sites.
This seems to me like some sort of network addressing problem. In a nutshell remote event recording wont work
if the camera has to pass through a local router before going to the NVR.
Does the camera and NVR have to be on the same subnet for event based recording to work?

Spent a lot of time trying to resolve this but to no avail.
Any ideas how to proceed?

Back