01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Event setup - false notifications

pib10

Hello to everyone,

Im new in this beautiful forum and would need your help to understand better how to configure the events/notifications:

I have the following system:
- Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S NVR Acusense
- 4 DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL Acusense

The main thing I do not understand is if it is better to configure the notifications at the NVR level or at the camera level.

At the moment I configure them at both level but I get the following issues:

----> The events that I configure at the NVR level are mainly ok (I can get the notifications at on my phone through Hik-Connect) however they do not make any human detection (that I have set) so I get full of notifications even if not needed. Even when people or objects get closer to the intrusion area I get the notification that I do not want.

----> The events I set at the camera level (mainly for the flashing and the sirene) have the same problem of the not detecting only human but basically everything. So there is actually no Human detection working that was the main reason why I bought those cameras.

----> Last problem I have is that if I set thee events only at the camera level then Im not able to get notification (messages) on Hik-connect over surveillance center. The only way to get notifications over the phone is to set the events at the NVR level.

I hope my isseue is more or less clear and really hope someone can help to clarify how is better to set up the events and smart events.

Thanks in advance

Hi @pib10 and welcome :)

Firstly, make sure that everything is up-to-date with the below firmware:

DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S:
(C) models - V4.60.105 (build 220118)
Non-(C) models - V4.40.416

DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL:
V5.7.3 (build 220216)

You should set your events only at the NVR level, the ability to set them at the camera level is there for cases in which an NVR is not used.
Disable the event settings at the camera level, as having them set here too can confuse the system and could be why you're seeing strange results.

It may even be worthwhile resetting the camera settings to default, which you can do by going to:
Configuration -> System -> Maintenance -> Upgrade & Maintenance -> Default -> Restore

Both the cameras and the NVR have the AcuSense built into them, so make sure that you have "enabled AI by device" for any Smart Event that you're using, as this will use the camera's AI (which is better):

1650901646163.png

This will then allow you to add AI to any third-party cameras that do not already have AcuSense built-in:
FAQ - Can Hikvision's AcuSense NVRs apply advanced video analytics to any IP camera?

With regards to the Hik-Connect notifications, as you have added the NVR to the app, it will only send notifications for events set on the NVR, which is again why these should be set at the NVR level.

If you are still receiving lots of false alerts after all of the above, could you please share a screenshot of your event area settings?

Good morning Kyle,

you email is fantastic, really thank you so much for all the helpful and clear advice.
Im out of home for a couple of days but as soon Im back I will try to make all the changes you mentioned.

I read so many posts linked to this but I could never really understand so I thank you enormously for your great help.

Will have more questions but lets start from the event issue and by the end of the week will post an update to let you know if it worked.

Muchas gracias amigo

Hello Kyle,

I would need a bit more of help as I'm stuck in the download part.

I´ve reset the cameras as you suggested. All good here.

Now I was trying to see which version of NVR I have but not sure where to see if it is with C or without C. Attached the screen shot.
The problem I have is to now upgrade the new firmware, that I guess is the Non-(C) models - V4.40.416

I followed a few online video but didnt work, maybe you have a link to see how to do?
I downloaded it, extracted to a folder, and afetr tried to download from the PC but it seems is not upgrading it...

1651131385509.png

Thanks in advance for any suggestion :)

Attachments

• Nvr Version.png
    Nvr Version.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 1651131194448.png
    1651131194448.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 139
Same thing happens when I try to upgrade the firmware of the camera.
Log into the camera --> in maintenance add the extracted file ----> Get failed to upgrade

1651133676803.png

Good morning Kyle, if you could give me the last help on this problem whenever you have time it would be great so that I can test the new setting you suggested. Thanks a million

Sorry for the delayed response @pib10.

Yes, it should be the non-C firmware for the NVR, perhaps try the version in the European portal for your NVR, which is here - V4.40.416
This is the version in the EU portal for your camera - V5.7.3_220112_SP

Also, try again but with the files saved in the "Windows (C:)" folder rather than on your desktop, this used to make a difference.

It could also be a browser issue, so I'd also recommend trying Edge whilst running it in IE mode when connecting to each device:

Finally, if none of the above helps, you can use the Batch Configuration Tool to update them using the "upgrade" button at the top of the tool, which should get around any potential browser problems - the camera will need to be connected to your LAN for this though, as the tool will not be able to find it if it's connected directly to your NVR:

Thank you very much Kyle, you are really helping me a lot :)
However Im not lucky, I tried all ways but no way to upgrade the firmware.

Also with the batch file it fails, here the attempt I tried to do with NVR.
No idea what I do wrong :(

Or maybe I have to reboot the NVR? Or other.. no idea :(

1651253114741.png

Ok Kyle, after rebooting the nvr the upgrade it worked. Still have problems to upgrade the cameras but will try more. Grazie amigo

Hello Kyle, I would need your last help when you have time

So I upgraded all the devices:
- NVR ---> needed to reboot it to have a succesful upgrade
- Cameras ---> needed to install re-install the old one first as the camera was not accepting the new firware if done directly

After the upgrade, I tried to set all the smart events from the NVR as suggested by activating in all cameras the
´Enable by AI Device´

However this was giving problems, as I could set only 1 camera in this way why to the other cameras I was getting the following error message:
´Not enough engine decoding resource´

I could solve this by un-clicking the ´Enable by AI Device´ for the remaining 3 cameras so that I could set the Smart event.

So I have the following situation:
1 camera ----> I left the smart event set with ´Enable by AI Device´
3 cameras ----> I have the smart event set without ´Enable by AI Device´

If I well understood, the ´Enable by AI Device´ it means that event will be analized the Acusense of the NVR ---> Indeed Device = NVR
so in my case I have 1 camera that uses the NVR acusense and the other 3 cameras that uses the acusense of the cameras.

Not sure if I well explained but just to have your point of view if this is the right setting to have as I still get some false alarm, even if it seems less than before.

Thanks a million Kyle

Back