01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Events Pictures Problem - headlights are triggering my camera too soon?

darly58

Hello, maybe I'm just not wording this correctly, but I'm stumped. We had a HikVision 4MP, 2.8MM Color with Night Time Light that was hit by lightning last fall. It was replaced with the same type camera. Before the new one was put in, it would send pictures of vehicles on the highway going by our drice. Now with the new camera it takes pictures of the appropaching headlights and not the vehicles. I think it's triggering too soon? I hope that makes sense. Is there a thread I can refer to or suggestions for a setting change. Thanks so much.

Was the camera replaced with exactly the same model?
What camera model is it please?

Good morning. It was supposed to be, but not 100% sure. The new one is... GNC344G2-XD/LU 2.8 mm.

Hi @darly58

In the settings for the event that you have set up, have you selected "vehicle" as the target type?

It's worth playing with the shutter speed and WDR settings in the image settings for the camera too, as it may be that the headlights are blinding the camera and triggering the event.

The GNC344G2-XD/LU looks like it is a Hikvision camera that's rebadged by Hunt Electronic, which means it is probably using their own firmware, so I would also ask them if there is newer firmware you can try that may fix the issue.

Yes, I do have vehicle and person setup. But I believe you are probably correct about the headlights triggering first actually through the trees.
Ah, that's what I was trying to find all along online! I knew there had to be somewhere to adjust the shutter speed. You have helped me
immensely. I will play with the WDR and see if it corrects it. If not, I'll move to the firmware.

Thank you so much!

No worries :)

You need to log into the cameras directly, and you should then be able to see all of the advanced settings worth playing with in the image settings.

Back