01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

face notifications problem hikvision

ste92

hi, I have a problem with face detection with 2 DS-2CD2043G2 cameras - I have set this event to on with push notifications, but when one or 2 dogs pass me that a face has been detected while the other ugulae camera does not detect faces is there a way to adjust this option?

hi, I have a problem with face detection with 2 DS-2CD2043G2 cameras - I have set this event to on with push notifications, but when one or 2 dogs pass me that a face has been detected while the other ugulae camera does not detect faces is there a way to adjust this option?
You don't mention whether these cameras are standalone or connected to an NVR. Either way, first you need to ensure that the cameras VCA Resource mode is set up for face detection. Although you may have enabled the Face Detection check box in Smart Events; it won't work unless the VCA Resource is set correctly.

Go to the settings page in the camera (not the NVR if you're using one) and navigate to Configuration > System > System Settings > VCA Resource. By default the VCA Resource is set to Smart Event as shown below:

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 10.24.16.png

Change that setting to Face Capture and click Save. The camera will probably reboot to alter the setting. Face Capture settings can then be applied in Smart Events as usual.

Note: Enabling Face Capture disables other Smart Events, so Line Crossing, Intrusion Detection will no longer work.

here I am sorry for the delay, thank you for your help.
i don't have an nvr but single cameras, but i don't have the voice: face capture in the settings unfortunately. do you think it has the latest update?

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Immagine2.jpg
    Immagine2.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Immagine3.jpg
    Immagine3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 238
Just to confirm, is the issue that you're having that you are not receiving push notifications for face detection?

If so, I've spoken to Hikvision HQ about this recently and they have confirmed that face detection does not support sending push notifications, unfortunately, either directly from a camera, or from an NVR.

Their advice was to use intrusion detection with "human only" filtering enabled instead, as apparently face detection on the EasyIP DS-2CD2xx3G2 cameras isn't all that reliable yet.

I cannot find your existing firmware 5.7.3 build 220112 on the Hikvision UK Portal, have I found the right camera model?
yes yes the model is DS-2CD2043G2 - Will I be the latest update?
Just to confirm, is the issue that you're having that you are not receiving push notifications for face detection?

If so, I've spoken to Hikvision HQ about this recently and they have confirmed that face detection does not support sending push notifications, unfortunately, either directly from a camera, or from an NVR.

Their advice was to use intrusion detection with "human only" filtering enabled instead, as apparently face detection on the EasyIP DS-2CD2xx3G2 cameras isn't all that reliable yet.
do you think this can go as a setting for human detection? I never understood how I have to set this option thank you very much

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 166
hi, can anyone help me configure the camera to detect people only, excluding false alarms? I do not know what to do

Back