01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[FAQ] How do I automatically full-screen a camera when it detects motion?

Kieran

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
How do I automatically full-screen a camera when it detects motion?
Q:

I have motion detection configured for all the cameras around my house.

When I'm monitoring my cameras on the DS-7608NI-I2-8P, is it possible to make it so that when a camera detects motion, the NVR will switch to that camera or make it full-screen for a while so I can track the motion?
This is a question we've received a fair amount now, and it's a feature Hikvision have included with their NVRs and VMS software. It's very straightforward to implement.

It's easier to configure this via a monitor and mouse connected locally to the NVR, as doing so via a web browser will not allow you to configure the Full-screen dwell time (how long the camera will full-screen upon detecting motion).
  1. Log into your NVR and access the Menu
  2. Click on the Camera menu option
  3. Click on the Motion tab on the left-hand side of the screen
  4. Select the appropriate camera from the dropdown menu
  5. Click on the cog next to the Settings option
  6. A window should open. Click on the Linkage Action tab
  7. Tick Full Screen Monitoring and hit Apply / OK
  8. Go back to the NVR Menu and this time navigate to the Configuration menu option
  9. Click on the Live View tab on the left-hand side of the screen
  10. Change the Full Screen Monitoring Dwell Time to whatever you wish to set it to between 1-10s (as of v3.4.2)
You can also enable Full Screen Monitoring by connecting to your NVR via a web browser and navigating to Configuration > Event > Basic Event > Motion Detection > Linkage Action tab, as seen below.

XT5gKWT.jpg

It's not possible to change the Full Screen Monitoring Dwell Time via the web browser access I'm afraid - you'd have to configure the NVR locally for this feature.

I’ve got this to work but cannot for the life of me understand how I can keep the screen up for longer than a few seconds.

I have 2 dwell time options:

Dwell Time
Full Screen Dwell Time

What is the difference?

Hi @Munzz

Dwell Time is for switching between the live view pages on a direct monitor, e.g. if you have the screen split 1+7 on a 16 channel NVR you will have 2 pages of 8 cameras and setting this dwell time will set how long you see one page before it automatically switches to the next page.

Full Screen Dwell Time is the duration that the full screen image is displayed for and as it says in point 10 in the original post this can be set up to 10 seconds.

Back