01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Few things I've got some questions on (Hikvision & AXPro)

Ultra4

Good afternoon all,

A few questions on things I've noticed recently. If anyone could help that would be a massive help and hugely appreciated.

1. Car headlights at night are setting off line crossing OR Intrusion. I have tried both and headlights are setting it off pinging me at 2/3/4/5AM in the morning. The zone is on my driveway and it is when a car is turning into the road. Is there anything I can do about this? I've turned down sensitivity to 50 and a time threshold of 4 seconds (intrusion) and it still appears to happen. I'm losing a lot of sleep and don't want to just put my phone in silent mode.

2. I have my garden set up for intrusion which works perfect, except for one thing. If we're out in the garden I just get notifications all day long. Is there any way I can click like a 'snooze for 1/2/3/4 hours' button so that it doesn't notify me? I can't turn it off because I want it for when I go out in the day, but it would be nice to find out if there is a way to click a button.... to acknowledge to the NVR that I am 'here' and I dont need a notification for x hours. It would mean I could cut the grass for example, and then after that '1 hour' or so continue to notify me as normal.

I have noticed the app has a notification turn off button, but I won't remember to turn it back on probably so it would render the whole thing useless. I also can't think of a specific time.... e.g. its not only night time I want it monitored because if I leave the house in the day then obviously I want it to monitor.

3. I've shared my hikconnect with members of the house and the cameras share fine, but on the AX PRO they don't have permission to fully arm the entire place. When they click arm, its only allowing them to arm one sub-zone (I have about 6 sub-zones) and from the main start of the app, clicking that arm button arms everything. The cameras allowed me to click full access but the AXPRO didn't give me any options to tick... literally just the AXPRO.

Hi @Ultra4

What camera do you have please and which firmware are you running on it?

Please see the answers that I can provide below.

1. Car headlights at night are setting off line crossing OR Intrusion. I have tried both and headlights are setting it off pinging me at 2/3/4/5AM in the morning. The zone is on my driveway and it is when a car is turning into the road. Is there anything I can do about this? I've turned down sensitivity to 50 and a time threshold of 4 seconds (intrusion) and it still appears to happen. I'm losing a lot of sleep and don't want to just put my phone in silent mode.
Have you drawn the maximum and minimum target sizes? Perhaps try reducing the 'max size' box if you have already - of course, it still needs to be the size of a large vehicle.
You could also try enabling WDR or HLC to mitigate the effect of the headlights by logging into the camera and going to Configuration>Image>Display Settings>Backight Settings.
Shortening the exposure time used at night may help too in Configuration>Image>Display Settings>Exposure Settings, perhaps try 1/50 or 1/75? This will result in the whole image appearing darker though as the sensor will be exposed to less light.

2. I have my garden set up for intrusion which works perfect, except for one thing. If we're out in the garden I just get notifications all day long. Is there any way I can click like a 'snooze for 1/2/3/4 hours' button so that it doesn't notify me? I can't turn it off because I want it for when I go out in the day, but it would be nice to find out if there is a way to click a button.... to acknowledge to the NVR that I am 'here' and I dont need a notification for x hours. It would mean I could cut the grass for example, and then after that '1 hour' or so continue to notify me as normal.
I don't know of a way to silence the notifications for a set time period, I'm afraid. The closest option I can suggest is to silence them for the device in the app, but you need to remember to turn them on again - it's probably the option that you've already mentioned seeing.
This will still store all of the trigger periods in the Notification page on the app, you just won't be alerted of them.
To do this, touch the hexagon for the camera / NVR in the app, then open Settings, and you should have a slider named 'Silence'.

3. I've shared my hikconnect with members of the house and the cameras share fine, but on the AX PRO they don't have permission to fully arm the entire place. When they click arm, its only allowing them to arm one sub-zone (I have about 6 sub-zones) and from the main start of the app, clicking that arm button arms everything. The cameras allowed me to click full access but the AXPRO didn't give me any options to tick... literally just the AXPRO.
I haven't had a chance to test this myself yet, but the bottom of page 17 of the attached manual explains how to set different user permissions from the admin account - does that allow you to share the ability to entire the whole system?

Attachments

• AX-Pro User Manual 1.2 - Hikvision.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 390
Hi @Ultra4

What camera do you have please and which firmware are you running on it?

Please see the answers that I can provide below.

Have you drawn the maximum and minimum target sizes? Perhaps try reducing the 'max size' box if you have already - of course, it still needs to be the size of a large vehicle.
You could also try enabling WDR or HLC to mitigate the effect of the headlights by logging into the camera and going to Configuration>Image>Display Settings>Backight Settings.
Shortening the exposure time used at night may help too in Configuration>Image>Display Settings>Exposure Settings, perhaps try 1/50 or 1/75? This will result in the whole image appearing darker though as the sensor will be exposed to less light.

I don't know of a way to silence the notifications for a set time period, I'm afraid. The closest option I can suggest is to silence them for the device in the app, but you need to remember to turn them on again - it's probably the option that you've already mentioned seeing.
This will still store all of the trigger periods in the Notification page on the app, you just won't be alerted of them.
To do this, touch the hexagon for the camera / NVR in the app, then open Settings, and you should have a slider named 'Silence'.

I haven't had a chance to test this myself yet, but the bottom of page 17 of the attached manual explains how to set different user permissions from the admin account - does that allow you to share the ability to entire the whole system?
Hi Kyle,

I've got 4K Colour Vu Turrets (ds-2cd2387g2-lsu/sl) with the siren and lights, running firmware 5.7.3 build 220112. My nvr is running on v4.51.025 build 210927. I need to update these firmwares, but am a bit scared it'll mess something up. I'm not sure where I need to look either. Maybe a dedicated weekend to it so I can research and get the right one... I've got to find a way to save all of the settings. Everything is working near-perfect at the moment, I don't want any hiccups lol.

Thank you for replying. I'll try reducing the max size, I've got it pretty much the entire size of the screen at the moment. That's a good idea, I didn't think of that I've got a feeling that will solve it (I hope). I'll keep the thread updated on it.

Re: exposure I'll have a go at that too.

Such a shame there isn't a snooze for 1hr type button that'd be perfect. Guess I'll have to make do for now. It's the remembering to turn back on that is the problem, if I could snooze it then maybe the next day it restarts that's one alternative.

Thanks on the AXPro tip - went into the sharing settings and only one zone was shared (even though I had properly shared it in the share section when setting the other phones up). Going into there and selecting all zones has now allowed them to arm/disarm like I can which is perfect.

Apologies if some are obvious questions but am doing my best and sometimes brain overload is occurring and is making me forget obvious things to try lol.

Someone else mentioned this on the forum, but is there any way ideas/suggestions can be put forward to HikVision for their next update?

Good afternoon all,

A few questions on things I've noticed recently. If anyone could help that would be a massive help and hugely appreciated.

this problem has resurfaced and I realised I never really did solve it. I updated my Nvr to the latest firmware now.

Afaik the intrusion zone uses inverse to 100% meaning 90% sensitivity means only 10% of the box needs to get occupied to ‘begin’ the monitoring, right?

I’m just confused how it can’t work out that a headlight isn’t a car or human even though the headlights cross the zone.

Basically I don’t have walls either side of
My driveway and as cars turn around both bends their headlights go over the driveway and it’s triggering these events. I’ve tried longer durations, and adjusting sensitivity to not much success. Now I’ve got HLC enabled (had wdr before) and it hasn’t made much difference. Current shutter speed is 1/100 and these issues are still occurring.

I also went into the cameras and made the target validity highest and have min max boxes set.

The issue is the headlights are covering 60% of the zone as they pass but I can’t set it to say 40% sensitivity otherwise doesn’t that mean that a human and or car will need to cover at least 40% of the box? Which I don’t think it can and would render it useless then?

Ahh I’ve spent all day today upgrading the firmware and tinkering so bit exhausted now lol.

Back