01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware for NVR DS-7604NI-E1 / A from 2020 or latest?

fox0903

Hi

i have NVR DS-7604NI-E1 / A with firmware V3.4.103 build 181226.
I also have new ip onvif cammera but when i have connected this cam i have go error unsuppoted media type and also i am not able access settings of cam by this nvr.

From manufacture of that cam i have received info i need to have hikvision firmware from jun 2020 or latest, but i am not able to find firmare from this year.

Do you know where i can download it or is there any alternative firmaware for this device?

thx.

@fox0903 I have this NVR and believe it is now end of life. Mine uses the same firmware and it is not clear if there is an updated version available.

Have you tried to connect to your camera using RTSP?

@fox0903 I have this NVR and believe it is now end of life. Mine uses the same firmware and it is not clear if there is an updated version available.

Have you tried to connect to your camera using RTSP?
Yes i think i already have tried it. i have seen some firmware for 76... but K model version 4.3 from 2020y but i am not sure if it will be work there. so i was thinking maybe exist somebody who has tried it :) or know it.

Yes i think i already have tried it. i have seen some firmware for 76... but K model version 4.3 from 2020y but i am not sure if it will be work there. so i was thinking maybe exist somebody who has tried it :) or know it.
using firmware from another model may "brick" your NVR. Maybe @Dan could check the firmware on the website.

I know that risk, but i have 3 cams which are working without problems but all has been bought in 2017

this new one is not possible to use, and i am afraid to buy some new PTZ outdoor wifi cam becoase i am afraid i will have same issue. Maybe if you know any wifi ip cam with PTZ which is still work it could be way too, and it is not to expensive, i will use it only in my garden... so Full HD is enought..

Hi @fox0903 and @David

The v3.4.103 firmware you are currently running is the latest firmware for the E-series NVRs and I think what Hikvision was saying when they said you need a firmware from 2020 is that you actually need a newer NVR that has firmware released in 2020, we would recommend replacing your E-series NVR with a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) or if you are going beyond 4 cameras then we would recommend the DS-7608NI-I2/8P

ok and can anyone recomend any onvif wifi ptz outdoor cam which is tested with v3.4.103 firmware ? Or which onvif protocol version and rtsp should have that new cam? i think onvif 2.0 or older? thx

Hi @fox0903

We don't sell any WiFi ONVIF PTZ cameras that we could recommend. ONVIF PTZ compatibility is tricky even with the latest NVRs so I think you will struggle to find a new PTZ model that will work well with the older E-series NVR, to get the best compatibility from a 3rd-party PTZ camera we would still recommend replacing the NVR.

Hi

i have tried some alternative software (i am on last option some linux survilance software) but during my testing please can you tell me something about following NVRs
i was looking for new nvr which could fix my issue and i have found follwing in my country and they are looks news release eg. from 2020 or Q3/2019
but i dont know what is difference betven them
generally i want to have hik-connect app via hikvision cload becoase i dont have static IP and in private network of my provider.
i have now 4 cams (2 ptz)
all cams are in my network
i am looking for newest version of NVR for longer fimware support
similar price arround 70-120 euro

so devices:

Hikvision HiWatch HWN-2104MH-W(C) - this looks newest device in the slovakian market​

Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1(B)​

Hikvision DS-7104HQHI-K1(S)​

Hikvision DS-7204HQHI-K1(B)​

What is the best device from the list?
which one is newest or oldest?
do all of these devices have onvif and rtsp?
is onvif backward compatible with older versions of onvif, same for rtsp? ( i have cams from 2016-2017 (2 onvif, and 1 hikvision original)
what is differenece between hikvision and hikvision hiwatch?
is Hik-connect available for all this devices (also Hiwatch) ?
do all these devices have VCA detections?

thx for help.

Hikvision HiWatch HWN-2104MH-W(C) - this looks newest device in the slovakian market
Can't comment on that one - I don't use HiWatch
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1(B)
Current (only) 4 channel model K series NVR and is still receiving firmware updates

Hikvision DS-7104HQHI-K1(S)​

Hikvision DS-7204HQHI-K1(B)​

Both of these models are HDTVi DVRs. They can take IP cameras but are primarily used for analogue HDTVI, AHD, CVI cameras with coaxial connections (BNC). As such some features of IP cameras will be unavailable.
what is differenece between hikvision and hikvision hiwatch?
Hi watch is Hikvisions budget, cheaper, consumer range. Not as good.
is Hik-connect available for all this devices (also Hiwatch) ?
It is for the last three models. Not sure about the first (Hiwatch) model but I suspect it is
do all these devices have VCA detections?
Again not sure about the first. Yes for the second (7604). Limited support on the last two as they are DVRs not NVRs (they can accept IP cameras but are not really intended for them)

ok so i will try contact local reseler for if they will not response maybe i will go way attemp/return :(

HWN-4108MH(B) vs DS-7608NI-K1(B)​

it looks like similar but there is price difference, i was not able to find firmware page for hiwatch, but hiwatch page have tag as new device for this HWN...

Back