01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware help from AUS

bboy_h

Hi all, I have a few hikvision cameras which all require firmware update (purchased in 2012 - never been updated). An example of the models is DS-2CD7133-e (mini dome). Does anyone have any advice on how this can be achieved? I have read through the forums and tried a couple of firmware revisions but they fail to update (noted in the 2CD-2xxxx forum thread for firmware). The current firmware is a 2.xx revision.

Is updating possible? I'm in Australia and have looked around but these cameras don't seem very well supported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. It is definitely possible but as you said, firmware updates for those cameras are few and far between - quite old now!

Have a look at the firmware updates for the DM365 series of Hikvision cameras from the Hikvision European download portal. The latest update was v5.2.0 build 140721.

I'd strongly suggest you check the compatible cameras for each firmware version which should be listed in the release notes that accompany the update (there are none for v5.2.0). v5.1.0 specifically states that the DS-2CD7133-E is a compatible model, but make sure you check with any other models you might have.

Thanks for the reply mate.
I'm in the process of downloading the suggested firmware now. What I would like to know is if anything special is required for the update? Can I update from a variant of the firmware that is so old (2.0 straight to 5.2)? Can i update the camera over my network or do I need to talk to it directly? I have attempted to update the cameras by logging directly into them and via ivms4500 on a Windows pc. Both variations still have update failures.
I sincerely appreciate the assistance and feedback.

Cheers from Australia!

Quick update - the firmware suggested worked flawlessly! I do have one Canberra however that i can no longer log into/stuck on old firmware. It's there an easy way to factory reset it?

Glad to hear it went smoothly. I have no experience with your camera models I'm afraid, so I can't really offer too much advice.
There may be a physical factory reset button on the camera.
You might want to get in touch with Hikvision directly and see what they have to say?

Back