01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Firmware update DS-2CD2342WD-I

crj100

Hi All
I have decided to try to update my firmware on my DS-2CD2342WD-I as it has been "acting up" lately. Without notice, it suddenly drops offline, resets to a preset IP and I have to fight a bit with SADP tool to reconfigure.
But now there is nothing happening when I push the "Browse" buttom, so I can not select the downloaded firmware? I have use all brosers on my mac.
Pls help. Thanks

Hi @crj100

Unfortunately, the plugin that older Hikvision cameras like this used is now no longer supported by any of the main browsers for Mac users, this means the only way to update the firmware of this camera with a Mac would be to install iVMS-4200, add the device, go to Remote Configuration for that device, and then go to the same maintenance menus as you did in the browser and load the firmware file.

Hi @crj100

Unfortunately, the plugin that older Hikvision cameras like this used is now no longer supported by any of the main browsers for Mac users, this means the only way to update the firmware of this camera with a Mac would be to install iVMS-4200, add the device, go to Remote Configuration for that device, and then go to the same maintenance menus as you did in the browser and load the firmware file.
Thx Dan
Would this then mean if I connect to camera from my WIN laptop I should be able to do it? And do you think this update would prevent these random resets? Tjhe two IP cameras are on different version firmware, and it is only the one on V5.4.1 build 160525 that does it. The one on V5.3.8 build 151224 is fine.

Yes, you should be able to do it from a Windows laptop using Internet Explorer.

I don't know whether or not the firmware will fix the issue because it is rare that an issue would be affecting the camera running the newer firmware and not the one running the older firmware. (unless the issue first appeared after updating to v5.4.1) But both your cameras are running quite old firmware so the latest version may resolve many issues.

The latest firmware for the 2342 turret would be v5.5.82

Yes, you should be able to do it from a Windows laptop using Internet Explorer.

I don't know whether or not the firmware will fix the issue because it is rare that an issue would be affecting the camera running the newer firmware and not the one running the older firmware. (unless the issue first appeared after updating to v5.4.1) But both your cameras are running quite old firmware so the latest version may resolve many issues.

The latest firmware for the 2342 turret would be v5.5.82
Thx, will try the update from WIN laptop then. Really appreciate the help from you!

Reactions: Dan
Back