01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware update - HiLook?

Ianc

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi, I know Use-IP staff have no hands-on experience with HiLook, just wondering if anyone else may have.

My 'C' series NVR (104MH-C4/P) is currently running firmware V3.4.103 build 180925
I noticed on the HikVision UK portal there is a later version: V3.4.112 build 200415 dated Oct 22 2020.

Strangely, when the 'Update' button is pressed via web browser, it reports V3.4.103 is the latest. No surprise considering HiLook kit reportedly does not get firmware updates.

Just wondering if anyone has updated to this firmware.
How did you do it and, if successful, what differences it gives.

Just noticed there is actually a V4 firmware update:

New Bitmap Image (4).jpg

Unsure what the appendix 'E-UI' represents.

HI @Ianc

E-UI firmware introduces a new GUI for direct monitor access, see these release notes for another firmware which shows some screenshots of what that new interface looks like.

If you want to update to this firmware you will need to download it, extract the firmware file from the zipped file, then login to the HiLook device with a browser and go to Configuration > System > Maintenance and load the extracted firmware file before clicking upgrade.

It seems every time I visit the download portal a new version appears:

download portal.jpg

There are now two further updates dated today!
Choices, choices!

Last night I updated the NVR with the v4.30.010 firmware (current firmware was v3.4.103). Well it seemed to take it ok, the browser updated, all the cams were still online but some functionality, such as backlight settings had disappeared from the image config pages and strangely some of the wording was 'odd' i.e. the target detection filtering for 'Human' and 'Vehicle' was actually 'Human' and 'Sedan' ?
I then went to log in at the NVR to see what the new GUI was like... but I'd lost the direct monitor access. There was an error message but I can't remember what it was. I tried upgrading to v4.30.060 but this made no difference so I tried a reboot and then a restore to factory defaults !!!

In the end I decided to roll back to the latest v3.4.112 and direct NVR access was restored, but I had lost all cameras. The only way to get them back was to manually add them. I guess I won't be upgrading the firmware on this NVR again!

Back