01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Firmware update. Skipping versions?

Ijuj

Hello.

I have the system shown below and want to update the firmware. Am I correct in thinking the best way is to go through all the past firmware releases until I reach the most recent, or are there versions I can slip?

I'm planning on updating via the USB on the NVR and can anyone confirm this is the correct download link?

Thank you..

Hello.

I have the system shown below and want to update the firmware. Am I correct in thinking the best way is to go through all the past firmware releases until I reach the most recent, or are there versions I can slip?

I'm planning on updating via the USB on the NVR and can anyone confirm this is the correct download link?

Thank you..

Assuming that is the correct firmware for your model you can update to the first, then last of the 4.31.x versions (skip those in between), then both of the 4.73 versions. You don’t say what version your model is on currently; if you’re using USB it’s fine, but if you use a web browser for the update, you should delete history in between updates. With USB ensure that only the single ‘digicap.dav’ for the update you are doing is on the root of the disk (after each update, delete the file from the USB and add the next one)

Upvote 0
Assuming that is the correct firmware for your model you can update to the first, then last of the 4.31.x versions (skip those in between), then both of the 4.73 versions. You don’t say what version your model is on currently; if you’re using USB it’s fine, but if you use a web browser for the update, you should delete history in between updates. With USB ensure that only the single ‘digicap.dav’ for the update you are doing is on the root of the disk (after each update, delete the file from the USB and add the next one)
Hi JB1970.
Thanks for your reply regarding what to do. I wrote my post in another app and didn't cut and past all of it. Here is what I have....

NVR
DS-7608NI-K2/8P
Firmware Version V4.30.011 build 200803

Camera
DS-2CD2386G2-IU
Firmware Version V5.5.131 build 200220

Upvote 0
I've just tried to install 4.31.600 from the portal I linked to in my original post and I get a firmware mismatch error.

Upvote 0
I've just tried to install 4.31.600 from the portal I linked to in my original post and I get a firmware mismatch error.
You've got the wrong model yours is not a D, it's one of the original ones by the look of it (you can see your build in the screenshot). Give me a moment and I'll send you a link to the correct page....

Here you go:

I would just install the versions highlighted in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 14.38.44.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you have your NVR up to date - your camera firmware its also a way behind. Luckily on that one you could just jump to the latest (and final) version for your G3 platform AcuSense turret. 5.5.801 is here. You'll need to log into the camera directly with a browser to to do the update:

Upvote 0
Back