01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Firmware Upgrade Error?

CyxxAr

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. (No ip cameras until now)

last week I purchased 4 cameras and an NVR... installed during the weekend.
When I try to update the products with the new FW, I get 2 of them updated, but 2 of the cameras and the NVR displays an error.
I try to do it by connecting to the camera web and through the batch configuration app.

Will appreciate your help.

Regards!!!

Chris

Attachments

• 2022-05-02_16-02-34.jpg
    2022-05-02_16-02-34.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 134
Hi @CyxxAr

On the cameras web GUI, check the "Firmware Version Property" under Configuration/System/System Settings/Basic Information... is it the same value for all 4 cameras?

Hi @CyxxAr

On the cameras web GUI, check the "Firmware Version Property" under Configuration/System/System Settings/Basic Information... is it the same value for all 4 cameras?
Thanks for the answer.
they have different firmware versions
--> V5.7.3 build 220112 - this was updated without issues
--> V5.5.131 build 200220 - this one is the one displaying the following error "Configuration Failed to get the upgrading progress. "

Regards

Chris

they have different firmware versions
--> V5.7.3 build 220112 - this was updated without issues
--> V5.5.131 build 200220 - this one is the one displaying the following error "Configuration Failed to get the upgrading progress. "

Hi again @CyxxAr

You should check the Firmware Version PROPERTY value... it's at the bottom of the page... if may be different on the 2 cameras that failed upgrading and will indicate the correct firmware to try loading.

Hi again @CyxxAr

You should check the Firmware Version PROPERTY value... it's at the bottom of the page... if may be different on the 2 cameras that failed upgrading and will indicate the correct firmware to try loading.
you are right
one is B-R-G5-0 and the other B-R-G3-0
I will search on Hik's support site.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Kind of a bummer the cameras are not all the same... I'm not sure, but I don't think the G3 series will see firmware updates as often as the newer G5 series?

Also, did you specifically choose the iDS-7608NXI-I2/8F NVR for the facial recognition stuff? If not, the more mainstream DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR may be a better choice... since your cameras already have AcuSense capability it's not really necessary to have the DeepInMind or AcuSense NVR.

Kind of a bummer the cameras are not all the same... I'm not sure, but I don't think the G3 series will see firmware updates as often as the newer G5 series?

Also, did you specifically choose the iDS-7608NXI-I2/8F NVR for the facial recognition stuff? If not, the more mainstream DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR may be a better choice... since your cameras already have AcuSense capability it's not really necessary to have the DeepInMind or AcuSense NVR.
I purchased the cameras all at the same time, is a surprise to have 2 pairs of each. I need an additional one... will try to get a G5.

Regarding the NVR, this is what the distributor had in stock. Originally I was looking for an NVR with POE integrated, but tired of waiting for it they offered this one, and I grab it.
Product availability is not perfect these days.

Regards

Chris

There are so many similar/confusing Hikvision model numbers, but the functionality is all very similar.

Good luck with your new system!

Back