01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Firmware upgrade has stopped Hik-Connect functionality

Ant5246

Looking for some help please.

Recently did an upgrade on the firmware of my CCTV via the web app after checking online and it stating there was a later firmware.

Since that time, there have been issues with playback and live view functionality via the Hik connect app - the timings on playback will jump back and forth five seconds or so and the picture will distort and scramble. it is lagging and jumping.

I was told the problem might be down to my internet but I've had that checked, the dvr is connected straight to the router via ethernet cat 6 cable.

I've watched playback via the IP address on the web browser which works flawlessly indicating the problem must lie with the app.

I have noticed since the firmware update the app believes there is an update and is stuck on "updating" - I think this may be causing a conflict somewhere.

Got companies quoting me hundreds to repair saying I shouldn't have upgraded the firmware with others saying do a factory reset but conflicting information as to whether a factory reset reverts the firmware or not?

Can anyone assist with this?

Attachments

• IMG_0316.PNG
    IMG_0316.PNG
    212 KB · Views: 228
Sorry, this got held for manual approval for some reason.
We're just back from our Christmas hols.
Have you resolved the issue?

Back