01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware upgrade issue

allypally

I have a NVR DS-7608NI-I2 which had Ver. 3.4.93 build 170325. I attempted to update to NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.40.015_200616.
Now after the NVR reboot, the login screen on the monitor attached to the NVR will not allow me to input a User ID. It displays a dropdown set of symbols only (square boxes). When attempting to access on my PC using iVMS 4200, it shows the NVR and when I select it to ADD, it then shows it as "offline".
If I attempt to access via SADP Tool and select "DHCP" it says "Device Rejected".
Any help greatly appreciated.

Does SADP show it to be at a valid IP address for your domain range?
Or if not, will SADP allow you to set a valid IP address?
Then, can you access the NVR directly using the Internet Explorer browser on a PC wired to the same network?

When you get the box with the set of symbols - click switch user in the lower right corner and that will revert you to the standard username and password box so that you can select admin and type the password in using the on screen keyboard.

When you get the box with the set of symbols - click switch user in the lower right corner and that will revert you to the standard username and password box so that you can select admin and type the password in using the on screen keyboard.
Unfortunately there is no "switch user" in lower cnr. There is a dropdown on the user id field, but it simply lists about 20 or so similar lists of the same symbols

Does SADP show it to be at a valid IP address for your domain range?
Or if not, will SADP allow you to set a valid IP address?
Then, can you access the NVR directly using the Internet Explorer browser on a PC wired to the same network?
No. It doesn't.

after password.jpg

Back