01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Flicking image on Hikvision DVR, I dont think its a power issue.

iampartridgenorm

I am replacing an old DVR with a new Hikvision DS-7216HUHI-K2 / P, I have Qvis cameras attached. Some cameras have a local power supply with a coax cable run and other cameras have an ethernet cable run with a balun at each end.

When attached to the old DVR, the Qvis cameras show up crystal clear with no issues. When attached to the hikvision DVR I get a flicking image.

The cables runs arnt very long, if I remove the Qvis camera from the wall and take it to the DVR with a 2m Coax cable and a local power 12v 5a supply it works without any problems.

If I mimic the ethernet cable runs in the same room as the DVR, Qvis Camera > balun > ethernet > Balun > DVR the cameras appear fine, however when I plug in a camera that is installed I get the flickering image.

I am totally confused because I have used multiple power supplies, the same as installed cameras and new, different cable runs, different cameras. I cannot seem to find a common fault. The only common fault I can find is if the camera is in the same room as the DVR it works fine, if the camera is installed elsewhere it flickers which does not make any sense.

Please help.

Attachments

• Hik DVR.jpg
    Hik DVR.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 566
  • Old DVR.jpg
    Old DVR.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 514
I am replacing an old DVR with a new Hikvision DS-7216HUHI-K2 / P, I have Qvis cameras attached. Some cameras have a local power supply with a coax cable run and other cameras have an ethernet cable run with a balun at each end.

When attached to the old DVR, the Qvis cameras show up crystal clear with no issues. When attached to the hikvision DVR I get a flicking image.

The cables runs arnt very long, if I remove the Qvis camera from the wall and take it to the DVR with a 2m Coax cable and a local power 12v 5a supply it works without any problems.

If I mimic the ethernet cable runs in the same room as the DVR, Qvis Camera > balun > ethernet > Balun > DVR the cameras appear fine, however when I plug in a camera that is installed I get the flickering image.

I am totally confused because I have used multiple power supplies, the same as installed cameras and new, different cable runs, different cameras. I cannot seem to find a common fault. The only common fault I can find is if the camera is in the same room as the DVR it works fine, if the camera is installed elsewhere it flickers which does not make any sense.

Please help.
Difficult to diagnose. The DVR you have is a PoC (Power over Coax) model that can power compatible Hikvision HDTVi cameras using the coax and no additional power supply. So the first thing I'd do is to go into the menu and disable the power on all of the ports as you're not using it (if there is such a setting - I'd need to check) Also check in the camera settings page that you have the cameras set up as analogue (though they should have auto detected when you connected it). Last of all - there was a special firmware released for the PoC DVR's such as yours. It added a setting to "disable negative voltage" to fix problems that had been found when using standard analogue cameras such as you are. The setting was available individually on each channel. However I've not seen that setting on newer V4 firmware - the latest version is 4.30.001

Last edited:
Back