01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Flipping image help

andy_con

setting up a new system and i cannot find any option to flip the image, so everything is upside down.

rq9KWf.jpg

779LWl.jpg

KhiDtj.jpg

i have DS-2CD2346G2-IU cameras

the manual says -

Image Settings Rotate mode, saturation, brightness, contrast, sharpness, gain, white balance adjustable by client software or web browser

Last edited by a moderator:
Presumably your cameras are directly connected to your NVR?
If so, you will need to enable Virtual Host on the NVR, so that you can then access the camera's settings, and flip the image:

Presumably your cameras are directly connected to your NVR?
If so, you will need to enable Virtual Host on the NVR, so that you can then access the camera's settings, and flip the image:

yes connected directly.

what is virtual host and how do i enable it?

Click the link in my first response.
You will find a 'How To' tutorial there.

Click the link in my first response.
You will find a 'How To' tutorial there.
sorry missed that, many thanks,

so this cant be done via logging into the nvr, it has to be done via a computer?

Hi @andy_con

That's right, the only way to access the individual menus of cameras directly connected to your NVR is via Virtual Host in a web browser.
If your camera is connected to a PoE switch or injector, then you can connect to it by browsing for its IP address, as it is visible on your network.

When connected to the camera in a browser, go to the image settings and you'll see the option to "mirror".
The end of part 1 in this guide shows where you need to go:

so ive enabled virtual assistant but still not joy on mirroring the image.

cant believe this is such a difficult issue to simply flip the image

NVCl4K.jpg

sXSOw2.jpg

ba4P7I.jpg

enfXFp.jpg

We can't see any of the images that you are embedding in your posts.
You should be able to just copy and paste images into your post.
Failing that, you can attach them with the button beneath as you type each new post.

You'll need to flip the image in Image>Display Settings when logged in directly to the camera - you're still logged into the NVR on this page, which is why you don't have all of the image adjustment settings.

When you click on the "Join" link in the NVR Camera Management page, log in to your camera as you have in the second screenshot.

Then, go to the Display Settings page in the camera via the Configuration button:

sXSOw2.jpg

To see the picture, you'll need to use Internet Explorer when you connect to the cameras/NVR.

The quickest way is to use either IE Tab in Chrome, or run Edge in IE mode:

Back