01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Full screen dwell time is much less than the 10 seconds its set too?

rorton

Does anyone use full screen dwell at all?

On an M Series NVR, I set one of the cams to run full screen upon intrusion detection, and it does this, but only for a couple of seconds, not the 10 seconds it suggest!?

Does anyone use full screen dwell at all?

On an M Series NVR, I set one of the cams to run full screen upon intrusion detection, and it does this, but only for a couple of seconds, not the 10 seconds it suggest!?
The 'dwell' time in the menu just refers to the time each camera is displayed for before switching to the next if you run a sequence to the monitor (Cam 1 [10s] Cam 2 [10s] and so on).

There's no adjustable setting for how long the camera stays full screen during event - it's just as long as the event lasts (which will be the length of time the bell icon stays visible in the top right corner)

The 'dwell' time in the menu just refers to the time each camera is displayed for before switching to the next if you run a sequence to the monitor (Cam 1 [10s] Cam 2 [10s] and so on).

There's no adjustable setting for how long the camera stays full screen during event - it's just as long as the event lasts (which will be the length of time the bell icon stays visible in the top right corner)
Thanks, thats confused me then
On the live settings screen, there seems to be 2 dwell settings, one for the dwell time, I understood this as the timing between switching screens (cam1 > cam2 etc) and then a full screen dwell time which I understood to be how long the full screen notifier stays on the screen? This can only be set to a max of 10 seconds, but doesnt display for anywhere near that long.

IMG_7076.jpeg

From a manual I found...

Dwell Time: The time in seconds to dwell between switching of channels when enabling auto-switch in Live View.

Full Screen Monitoring Dwell Time: The time in seconds to show alarm event screen.

Thanks, thats confused me then
On the live settings screen, there seems to be 2 dwell settings, one for the dwell time, I understood this as the timing between switching screens (cam1 > cam2 etc) and then a full screen dwell time which I understood to be how long the full screen notifier stays on the screen? This can only be set to a max of 10 seconds, but doesnt display for anywhere near that long.

View attachment 9271

From a manual I found...

Dwell Time: The time in seconds to dwell between switching of channels when enabling auto-switch in Live View.

Full Screen Monitoring Dwell Time: The time in seconds to show alarm event screen.
Apologies you could be right - I've never noticed that second one! I wonder if it's referring to the event/alert icon rather than the actual image - I'll have to try it on mine.

ah no worries, the Hikvision vision menus are a nightmare at the best of times!

I have a feeling the issue of dwell times may be related to IP cameras. Im 90% sure that I had a TVI connected to the old Hybrid DVR and that did full screen for 10 seconds no problem, and I think when I swapped it for an IP camera, the timing was very short, but I never really thought about it at the time.

If you could try yours that would be great, and if I get time, ill set one of the TVI cameras up on the DVR to do full screen dwell and see if it works ok for that.

Back