01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

G1 V5.6.6 Motion Detection setup?

Jingle9109

Hi,
I think I maybe going mad! I have a G1 DS-2CD2385FWD-I camera that I am trying to setup basic (advanced not normal) motion detection on. I have recently updated the firmware to V5.6.6 build 210625. I have Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion enabled and can see the green squares. However no matter what I set the sensitivity or percentage to the green squares are always visible even if I set the sensitivity down to 1 and the percenrage up to 100 which I think means it would need to be a very large object to trigger a recording. Should the green squares always be visible regardless or should they be an idication of motion detected based on the settings? Also of note I have line crossing enabled and that seems to be working fine.

Also just to confirm I have this correct:-

Sensitivity = How sensitive the camera is to changing pixels - the higher number the more sensitive it is?
Percentage = The percentage of the boxed area that needs to change - the lower the number the more sensitive?

Thank you.

I used to have one of those cameras, as well as 7 of the 2355's. Ditch motion detection and only use line crossing and intrusion detection. In my opinion motion detection is just not worth it because of all the false alarms and other problems. Besides, with line crossing and intrusion setup correctly you should not need motion.

Hi,
The only problem I have with this is that intrusion detection only triggers once per event so once when they enter for x seconds and then stops recording meaning you miss loads of motion. Although it is possible that I am doing something wrong which I would be happy to be.

Thanks

Back