01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware G5 New Firmware Build 5.7.17

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
I'm not sure whether this has already been posted but there appears to be a newer build of the G5 5.7.17 firmware. It's been updated from a build of 240606 to 240731 and has a different file size. I've loaded it on all my G5 cameras. The only thing I've noticed different (this may have been there previously and un noticed) is further tweaks to Smart Events. The standard setup is still there with Sensitivity and Target Validity as below:

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 10.29.08.png

However if you click 'Advanced Settings' on that page there are further settings for adjusting the false alarm filtering with 'Scene Mode' and 'Filtering Intensity' available:

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 10.29.20.png

As I said, that may have been there before and I've not noticed due to the UI change in the previous update...

I'm not sure why you would need both 'Target Validity' and 'Filtering Intensity' as they sound like they do the same. There's no reference to 'Scene Mode' in the cameras help file.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 10.29.20.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 10.29.20.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Am I right in saying the v5.7.17 firmware adds the new 5.0 GUI to the G5 cameras?
I'm still on the latest build of v5.7.15 due to issues that @alfaclvi posted re motion detection issues.
May update now that there's been two re-builds, I'm always erring on the cautious side :o

Last edited:
Am I right in saying the v5.7.17 firmware adds the new 5.0 GUI to the G5 cameras?
I'm still on the latest build of v5.7.15 due to issues that @alfacivi posted re motion detection issues.
May update now that there's been two re-builds, I'm always erring on the cautious side :o
Yes, the issues with Motion remain the same at least for me. Went back once again to 5.7.15, but my fault was that I did not test more.
I 'll try again by reinstalling and check above mentioned by @JB1970.
As I said on another post, possibly Intelligent Search option, even if not enabled, causes issues with Motion or Smart search by drawing rectacles or grid(Rules).
For sure, due to a popup warning, someone cannot use on Accusense NVRs, the VCA by NVR if Intelligent Search is enabled. It forces to disable.
But I remember, when testing previous 5.7.17, that even by disabling Intelligent Search, the Motion Search by rules(by drawing grid) in Event Playback did not give results.
Its like Dual VCA is not working after v5.7.16, 5.7.17 .....

Possibly they are fixing something. I hope it is the Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion so that I finally install this GUI 5 :-)

Back