01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Getting notifications from leaves and birds?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
DS-7608NI-I2 nvr dc 2cd2347g2 camera.
Getting notifications on motion alerts for leaves blowing or dirks walking on the floor. I have set the large, small and target zones on entry though.

It is just around scene change detection? Should I have this enabled but with out alerts? I also got it on my other camera with a reflection of car lights at night.

DS-7608NI-I2 nvr dc 2cd2347g2 camera.
Getting notifications on motion alerts for leaves blowing or dirks walking on the floor. I have set the large, small and target zones on entry though.

It is just around scene change detection? Should I have this enabled but with out alerts? I also got it on my other camera with a reflection of car lights at night.
I can't work out which detection method you're using? You mention motion alerts but say you have the min /max object sizes set up (not available in motion detection) and then mention scene change which is something else again.

For best results use either Line Crossing or Intrusion Detection with the Human filter applied if that's what you need. Both Intrusion and Line Crossing allow you to set minimum/maximum target size, sensitivity and additionally target validity for the Acusense filter. While Motion Detection does have the AcuSense filtering it doesn't perform very well and can't be tweaked (detects birds on ground, plants swaying in wind, foxes). I'd only ever use the Scene Change detection if I wanted an alert if the camera was masked over had it's position purposely altered.

A cat keeps setting off the line detection and motion detection. I have all methods set to alert me but only line crossing alarms on the nvr. I also get birds setting the motion and leaves as well.

The setting that I can pick the small and large objects to avoid as well as the target area I believe I have set correctly.

I thought motion detection was supposed to be smart and miss little animals and leaves?

A cat keeps setting off the line detection and motion detection. I have all methods set to alert me but only line crossing alarms on the nvr. I also get birds setting the motion and leaves as well.

The setting that I can pick the small and large objects to avoid as well as the target area I believe I have set correctly.

I thought motion detection was supposed to be smart and miss little animals and leaves?
I'm not sure. Its not possible to diagnose, as I can't work out from your message what you have/haven't set. My advice would be to turn off all but one detection method and get that working reliably. Once you have motion, line crossing and intrusion configured at the same time, you'll not be able to tell which is working correctly and which is not. There will always be some false alerts and using three separate detection methods will triple them. Motion Detection is the most basic method, with nothing adjustable other than sensitivity and I would never configure it to alert me - only mark the event in the video.

Also don't enable Dual VCA in the camera unless you need it as smart searches for motion/line crossing where you pick the area on screen during playback will show ALL events and not apply AcuSense filtering.

Back