01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Google Drive missing?

tshrbhag

Hi folks,

I've been following this forum to set up my HikVision and found it very useful. There's one thing that I could not find any information about? My model number is DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)

Hi @tshrbhag

What exactly is the issue you are having? The more info you can provide the better chance of a good response/solution.

None of Hikvisions NVRs (for use with IP cameras) offer backup to the cloud currently (never have).
Some of their DVRs (for use with analogue cameras) do.

Point number 23:

Can someone please explain this then? I do not have Google Drive listed, but there is an option called Cloud 2.0?

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 19.46.08.png

Hi @tshrbhag

We were not aware of this feature on the 7604(B) NVRs, we have investigated with Hikvision support exactly how Cloud 2.0 works and this was their response:

Yes for the cloud storage option on the NVR, which only supports Hikvision cloud 2.0, users will need an extra NVR to be the role as a storage server.

Models that are capable of being a storage server include Super I NVR (V4.40.500 and later versions) and I series NVR(V4.22.005 and later versions). Users will need to follow the guidelines to set up the extra NVR as a storage server according to this page: How-to-use-NVR-Cloud-Storage-Function.pdf (hikvision.com), so passwords and ports could be set, which will be used when connected to the client NVR.

So basically, Cloud 2.0 is not really cloud recording as it will only allow you to link to another Hikvision NVR to act as the remote storage server, so @Phil was correct in that the Hikvision NVRs do not support proper cloud recording to services like Google Drive or DropBox.

Attachments

Back