01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hands up who thinks HIK-vision has the most atrocious software in the world?

Evaskitas

Hi Everyone

As a first post this is going to get quite heated so I will start by saying that my Colorvu cameras are brilliant. That’s that out of the way...now onto the software and configuring the ####### things.

I have a “low end” 7604 NVR and three cameras. All I want to do is configure the cameras to a) record when an event occurs and b) notify me when it does.....simples! I have today spent several hours while my supplier (bless him) has tried to achieve this by taking over my PC and trying to achieve the same thing.Guess what..no joy. After trying several versions of iVMS4200 which has to be the worst piece of software ever written they reverted to IE11..yes, the windows 7 one. Guess what...no joy.

I should mention, not to boast, I have many, many years experience installing and configuring networks and corporate systems so subnet masks, DNS, DHCP, port forwarding etc ( all right, maybe not port forwarding) doesn’t phase me but I have spent hours and hours to try and achieve the simple task of getting a camera to record an a event and ping me a notification.

Do I configure solely the NVR..yes says youtube..should I setup a virtual host and configure the cameras...yes says youtube. Should I go to the end of a steep cliff and jump off...yes says youtube.

Needless to say none of the above helped. So, the reason for this post...no idea, just to rant I suppose but if anybody out there thinks they can achieve the impossible remotely I will be happy to pay some “consultancy” fees, if of course you can achieve the holy grail.
Regards
Tony

Hi Everyone

As a first post this is going to get quite heated so I will start by saying that my Colorvu cameras are brilliant. That’s that out of the way...now onto the software and configuring the ####### things.

I have a “low end” 7604 NVR and three cameras. All I want to do is configure the cameras to a) record when an event occurs and b) notify me when it does.....simples! I have today spent several hours while my supplier (bless him) has tried to achieve this by taking over my PC and trying to achieve the same thing.Guess what..no joy. After trying several versions of iVMS4200 which has to be the worst piece of software ever written they reverted to IE11..yes, the windows 7 one. Guess what...no joy.

I should mention, not to boast, I have many, many years experience installing and configuring networks and corporate systems so subnet masks, DNS, DHCP, port forwarding etc ( all right, maybe not port forwarding) doesn’t phase me but I have spent hours and hours to try and achieve the simple task of getting a camera to record an a event and ping me a notification.

Do I configure solely the NVR..yes says youtube..should I setup a virtual host and configure the cameras...yes says youtube. Should I go to the end of a steep cliff and jump off...yes says youtube.

Needless to say none of the above helped. So, the reason for this post...no idea, just to rant I suppose but if anybody out there thinks they can achieve the impossible remotely I will be happy to pay some “consultancy” fees, if of course you can achieve the holy grail.
Regards
Tony

Should I go to the end of a steep cliff and jump off...yes says youtube.
Leave the NVR at the top of said cliff and let me know where you jumped will you - I'll sell it on and make a bit of cash!

Joking aside there's no reason it should be difficult to setup:

• Setup everything from the NVR not the camera. The NVR when programmed will apply settings to the camera.
  • You don't need virtual host to setup alarms. It is however a handy feature as there are settings available for programming in the camera that are not in the camera section of the NVR. It's one click to enable it so no reason why not to. When you're having issues it can also be handy to confirm that what you programmed in the NVR ended up set on the camera by comparing the settings in a browser
  • Alarm notifications are only supported on the Hik Connect app if you add the system using Hik Connect registration. If you add the NVR to Hik Connect using an IP address or third party DDNS you won't receive the push notifications. This last point actually makes me want to join you on the cliff edge as I'd rather not use Hik Connect DNS and have a link in the chain of connection over which I've no control.

Hi @Evaskitas

Are you setting up the events on the NVR's web browser view, and not the cameras' individual views via the virtual host links? The events need to be set from wherever the cameras are recording to.

Also, do you have "Notify Surveillance Center" ticked on the event's "Linkage Method" page? You won't be sent notifications on from the Hik-Connect, presuming that is where you want to receive the notifications from?

1605101284366.png

Back