01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help; Best Outdoor Motion Dection?

ByTheGawds

Hi, I am looking for some help for small my business premises and my home property, for both properties I am trying to put up some outdoor motion detection cameras that alert me if motion is detected within 2 feet of my properties entrance points on my mobile phone.

So for the shop, 2 cameras at front and back of shop. We already have an old IP CCTV system that needs updating to do motion detection but I just don't have the money at the moment for a full system. I would like to consider maybe starting a new secondary system to start with the front and back motion detection and then gradually add some cameras internally myself.

And for home, 1 on front door, 1 on side alleyway and 1 at rear of property.

I am tempted to go with something like the Ring stickup cam or the Arlo Pro for ease of use. I am just wondering if anyone can give me a any advice on these products? And If I am using these for home - will they be suitable for the shop as well?

Appreciate any advice.

Got ourselves an Arlo Pro and never been happier! If you're after the motion detection, it's the best option. I thin it's well explained here. It just gets kinda creepy sometimes coz ours is placed on the front door and it picks up every movement. We live in a very busy street and I keep on receiving false notifs sometimes (since it's placed in a busy street). Over all, I still think it's worth giving a try.

Last edited:
Back