01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Help with latest firmware update for DS-7604NI-I1 / 4P?

hwkz

Hi all, new user here, pulling my hair out with my Hikvision NVR (DS-7604NI-11 / 4P).

I’ve had issues forever with two-way talk on my cameras, and as a last ditch attempt I tried updating my firmware to the latest release (V4.60.005 build 230307).

Since doing this, my cameras are displaying intermittently for 2 seconds then going offline for 15, then back on for 2 and so on. When viewing the cameras directly, through virtual host they stream perfectly. But they also don’t seem to be recording either.

I’ve tried restoring the NVR to default settings and resetting the cameras to no avail..

I’ve attached a video below of exactly what is happening.

Any help would be appreciated, i know now to avoid updating the firmware unless I really need to. But I need help getting it back online.

Cheers.

Hi all, new user here, pulling my hair out with my Hikvision NVR (DS-7604NI-11 / 4P).

I’ve had issues forever with two-way talk on my cameras, and as a last ditch attempt I tried updating my firmware to the latest release (V4.60.005 build 230307).

Since doing this, my cameras are displaying intermittently for 2 seconds then going offline for 15, then back on for 2 and so on. When viewing the cameras directly, through virtual host they stream perfectly. But they also don’t seem to be recording either.

I’ve tried restoring the NVR to default settings and resetting the cameras to no avail..

I’ve attached a video below of exactly what is happening.

Any help would be appreciated, i know now to avoid updating the firmware unless I really need to. But I need help getting it back online.

Cheers.
Can you confirm that model number it looks wrong? I’m assuming it’s a DS-7604-K1/4P.

It would be useful to know the age of the NVR and the firmware version/build it was on before you updated for two reasons:

1 - There are several hardware revisions of that model (original, B, C & D). Knowing the original version helps to match up the model revision to confirm you’ve downloaded and installed the correct version.

2 - Depending on how old the previous firmware was, it’s advised to upgrade to the latest in stages (one for each change of middle number). Example - going from 4.1.0 to 4.4.5 you would step through a 4.2.x and a 4.3.x before loading the 4.4.5 (where those intermediate builds are available)

First I would update the cameras to their latest firmware versions as running old version cameras on new version NVR could cause issues. Then assuming you have got the correct firmware for your NVR, if the problem persists, you may need to factory default the NVR, run the update again, then reprogram it as needed.

Thanks for the reply mate. My apologies, my model number is DS-7604NI-I1/4P (it copied from the screenshot incorrectly).

And the current firmware is V4.60.005 build 220927.

Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to record the original firmware number. The unit was originally purchased in December 21, and then returned for warranty 12 months later, so this particular unit is only a few months out of the box...

YOU'VE DONE IT! I updated the firmware on the cameras and the live feed instantly come up. Thankyou so much for your help.

YOU'VE DONE IT! I updated the firmware on the cameras and the live feed instantly come up. Thankyou so much for your help.
Glad it's sorted for you. That model - DS-7604NI-I1/4P has never been available over here (UK) to my knowledge, hence the confusion. In the UK it was only available starting at the 8 channel model.

Ah ok, fair enough. I should have mentioned I was in Australia. I’m only here as this seems like the best place to ask Hikvision questions! Thanks again for your help!

Back