01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with setting up my Hikvision system?

616marek

Hello guys I’ve got quite a few different questions and hopefully some of you knowledgeable ones might have an answer for me please.

1. I have a ColorVu IP camera DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and I’m trying to set the white light to come on during the night only when there is a movement. I have set up motion detection ( drew the area, set the schedule and linked it to the light on the camera), but nothing happens when there is a movement. If I remember right I have set all this up via NVR. Do you think it doesn’t work because of that? Do I have to set the events through each of the camera’s settings via internal IP address?

2. Also how to get the camera to show me events on the playback timeline? ( the green ticks on time line indicating when there was a movement).

3. Do you know why I have a gap ( few minutes) on my playback timeline? ( see the picture attached). The recording just suddenly jumps few minutes forward. My schedule is set to 24/7.

4. Is it possible to record a voice only during the night for example? Or is it always just either on or off?

5. I’ve got a smart managed switch but I’m not able to get into its interface via the IP address. Do you have any help for this?

6. I have everything from Hikvision but still got one Xiaomi Wi-Fi camera connected to my router. Do you know whether I would be able to connect it to the NVR- 7616 M series ( like some cameras work through ONVIF)?

7. What is “self signed certificate”? I have got few cameras but I just bought one from eBay and it’s got this certificate valid until July 2026. What is it? And what is going to happen when it runs out? I literally have no clue in this one.

Thanks a million!

Back