01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect app - how to enter encrypt key

quiet

Hello,
I have problem with my app on android Hikconnect. After updating, the application lost the encryption key. On the second phone, everything is successful and works. How can I enter the encryption key? I uninstalled the application, cleaned the cache, etc. I will add that I connect to the NVR via the IP address.
Thanks for posts

Where did you update the app from?

Is stream encryption enabled on the NVR in the Hik-Connect app? Click the three dots by the device on the home page.

It may be worth toggling this setting, as well as the "Enable Stream Encryption" option, or even unbinding the recorder from Hik-Connect in the platform access settings on the local GUI.

This video should help: YouTube - Hikvision Hik-Connect Stream Encryption Key

App update from hik vision servers- the same way like on second phone. I doesnt` have in app any optiion about encryption- and this is problem. I don`t use hik connect cloud. I connect directly via IP to my home network.

Which version of the app are you running? This is the latest - Hik-Connect V4.3.0

It should do if it's set up, that video shows you where to find it.

Have you tried the other steps in the video for turning it on/off in browser and on the NVR's local GUI?

I using the latest version 4.3.1.0404.
In android app I don`t have encryption option. Look:
1) connection via hik-connect platform
Screenshot_2020-04-28-17-13-41.png

2) connection using IP address (I delete from photo adres)
Screenshot_20200428-171525.png

And settings on NVR:
Bez tytułu.jpg

I cant`t understend why I don`t have encryption option. I traying on new phone and the same problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200428-171525.png
    Screenshot_20200428-171525.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Hi @quiet

Usually, if you have Encryption set you are prompted to enter the Encryption ket when you first try to view one of the cameras from the NVR, they should all initially appear with a padlock key over them but if you tap on one of the cameras live view and blow it up to full screen you should then be prompted (you may have to double-tap) to enter the encryption key and once you have done this once on an NVR it should be copied across to the other cameras.

Now I change encryption key on NVR. On working phone I have video and app doesn`t prompt for new key. On the web access I doesn`t change the key on local settings and also have the video.
I don't know why I have a video since I changed the key. I don`t know why app does`t prompt for the key.
{EDIT}
I delete NVR from the app (hik connect access platform) and again add..app prompt for the key. But still have problem accesing via IP. App say me: no camera is associated or the camera is hidden. App doesn`t prompt for the key.

Last edited:
Today I try to connect via IP in local network using hik-connect app. And I have message the camera not link. Where I can link the camera? When I using hik cloud I have option to link cameras (unhide or hide). When I use IP to connect I can`t fin option to link camera.
[edit]
On ivms-4500 on mobile everything works fine.

Last edited:
Back