01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Basics - taking ownership of my CCTV system

Teddy27

Had a HIKVISION system installed two months ago but have sadly discovered that this is not a simple Plug and Play system. Installers provide guarantee on hardware but no tech support after installation unless I pay for a call out to my home - at 40 quid a pop this could get very expensive over the lifetime of the system. It feels like time to take ownership of my CCTV and your forum looks a good place to start looking for help.

I won't mention my specific problem straight away, the first thing I would like to know is whether with iVMS4200 and the SADP tool downloaded on my MacBook Air (OS High Sierra v. 10.13.6), plus the Hit-Connect app on my iPhone and iPad I am ready to rumble? I have my username and password, I still have all the boxes too - is anything missing? My two-camera system comprises the Embedded NVR DS-7600 series and two ColorVu cameras. The cameras are not plugged directly into the NVR, but are networked through my household electric circuits by means of the tp-link Gigabit PoE Injector (TL-POE150S). Once I know I have everything to manage my system myself I'll post about the recurring 302 error and my offline cameras (and yes, I spent last night reading all the existing threads on that but wasn't sure what to touch or whether I have everything I need to start sorting things out myself).

Any advice or guidance very welcome. I'm not a tech geek but I can follow instructions and am not afraid of computers!

Intrigued to know what state your installer left you in?

SADP is the first step.
If your cameras are connected to your general LAN, then SADP should show the NVR AND each of your cameras as a separate row.

NB @Dan is the Mac user around here' so no doubt he'll drop by with Mac-tailored advice as & when.

Upvote 0
Back