Hi guys, new the forum, hope every1 is well
Ive pretty much givin up on getting my NVR on hikconnect
Ive gone through the pinned thread: All seems correct
Ive tried everything
Ive pinged the server dev-hik-connect.com Worked fine
I used telnet, it displayed the blank screen as it should
I just cannot get the Register status to go onto online no matter what i do
Would really appreciate some help
Im sure you guys will want some screenshots, just let me know what you want and im happy to provide
thankyou in advance

thanks for your reply, i will try that
Should i be able to ping that address through cmd?

just tried that, no good
ive tried litedev.us.hik-connect.com litedev.hik-connect.com and also dev.hik-connect.com

sorry, it frustrated me so much i forgot to put it in my original post
The NVR is a DS-7608NI-I2/8P
Firmware is 4.22.000 Build 200418
Had firmware 4.1.64 Build 190726 before that and same issue

Also to note i am in Australia, in case that changes server address's etc
Thankyou

Last edited:
To be honost, i didnt touch any of the settings on the router for the NVR, all i did was give the NVR a reserved ip address....
ive got some photos here. I also noticed on the router settings.. none of the dns settings are set, do they need to be set aswell?
Let me know if there is anything else you's need
thankyou

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 531
  • 2.png
    2.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 503
  • 3.png
    3.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 470
  • 4.png
    4.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 5.png
    5.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 474
  • 6.png
    6.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 482
  • 7.png
    7.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 485
  • 8.png
    8.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 567
  • 9.png
    9.png
    22 KB · Views: 476
  • 10.png
    10.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 549
Thanks very much for your help
With the dns server settings.. set those settings on the NVR or on the Router settings?

I see it chose port 80 automatically
Does it need the other ports aswell "80, 554, 443, 8000"
Thankyou

Last edited:
No problem at all.

Set them as the same on both, so in the NVRs network settings too. The Mac address you'll need can be seen in your 8th screenshot.

Just 80 on its own should be fine :)

Thanks again for your time guys,
still no luck im afraid.
ive attached updated photos
thanks again

Attachments

• new1.png
    new1.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 326
  • new2.png
    new2.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 314
  • new3.png
    new3.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 326
  • new4.png
    new4.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 329
I have the same problem with my DS-7608NI-K2
Nothing seems to work, ive been trying for the last 2 days.
How can we get some official help on that?

hi guys, an update with this
i spent all day yesterday on this. I was on teamviewer with hikvision technical support, and we went through a number of things, even restore to default settings. Nothing worked, the technicain gave up and said he will look deeper into this. I continued on it trying absolutely everything, nothing worked. After about 6 hours of trying, i ended up restoring to complete factory settings, (so the unit wasnt no more activated). I did this, setup the nvr wizard via the monitor and it came online. This issue arose for me while upgrading from firmware 4.1.50 to 4.1.64. I then also upgraded to the latest 4.22 and issue was still there. It seems as though a factory reset is needed when updating the firmware in this versions as some of the settings are not rolled over correctly in these particular firmware upgrades.
Ive also noticed the load config and save config is not in the maintenace tab when remote setting up the NVR through IVMS. And the live view for cameras in remote setting for IVMS does not work either. In previous versions they worked fine. Also my Hikvision doorbell with 8300 monitor, the doorbell/intercom monitor are no longer showing the NVR cameras. The settings have not changed on the doorbell monitor.

I absolutely love the hikvision stuff, but the firmwares do my head in. Its like, everytime they add features in, it stuffs up or loose a feature that worked perfectly in the past. I had the same issue with my doorbell/intercom, it took about 4 firmwares to find 1 that would work "ok"

This weekend looks like i will be downgrading to 4.1.64 again, and then maybe back to 4.1.50 to try and find which version will work so the intercom can see the cameras again.
Nightmare im afraid

Appreciate everyones help with this.

@AtaNaS try what i did and restore to complete factory settings (there is 2 buttons, 1 is default settings, the other is factory settings, it goes a little further) and set the wizard through the NVR monitor.... It has the option here about hik connect, make sure you tick "i agree". once the wizard is done, then i recommend login through Internet Explorer to NVR and setup everything through there.

Post back if you can, im very curious

So im still on 4.22. I worked out that live view via VRMS doesnt work with 4.22, but it workes fine when going to the NVR via ip address on IE. Cameras also showing up on doorbell now.. I had to untick the security option for hik connect live via monitor of NVR as it doesnt show up on IE or IVMS.. All these little sneaky options make it hard.
The only thing i have never been able to get going is a link for VLC to see the livestream on 1 camera also tiles. What would be URL to this? Kyle or Phil could you help with that?
Thankyou

Back