01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect connection external WiFi

simoningram

I've recently set up a Hikvision Hiwatch 4 camera IP system and cannot connect to my cameras via the Hik-Connect app from my work WiFi. I can connect from a 4G connection so it looks like all ports are opened correctly. I can also connect to the web gui from my work WiFi, but on the app it just won't connect on the same network. I've tried setting up the cameras via DDNS on the app and the same issue persists, works on 4G but not WiFi. When I do connect via 4G playback is awful and often won't load, but live view works ok. I don't think it's my home upload speeds either because I'm on a fast connection just tested at 97Mbps down and 30 Mbps up. I'm really struggling to understand the issue. I've upgraded (if that's the right word) from an Amazon Blink wireless camera set-up and I have to say their app is far superior in usability and performance, shame the cameras aren't up to the same standard though. I had high expectations from a Hikvision product, but so far I'm a little under-whelmed.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Are you using the Hik-Connect App?
You have registered/added your NVR at the Hik-Connect portal?
Therefore no need to port forward etc.
Should just work.

Yes I'm using the Hik-Connect App and registered the NVR on the portal. The port forwards were really for the DDNS access to the web gui which works fine. As i say it does just work on 4G albeit with a lot of lag on playback but just not on WiFi outside of my home.

Back