01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect "Failed to start playing"

chris236510

Evening all ,can anyone help me ? Installed a new system today . I left the house this afternoon and the system was fine and remote viewing was working fine .Fast forward 5 hours and this is all the customer can get on his phone arrrrr!!!!!!! Has anyone got any idea what i need to do ????Please desperate for help.....Thanks in advance
hilook problem.jpg

Did you configure remote access via the Hik-Connect service/portal?
Or maybe you used port forwarding?
With a DDNS service?
Or static IP address for the site?

As @Phil has said above there are a number of things you need to confirm.

If you connected the system to the Hik Connect app, did you use port forwarding in the router or set the NVR/DVR to do that automatically using NAT/UPnP?

If you're connecting the system by using it's IP address (or DDNS service other than Hikvision), have you used port forwarding in the router? Even if you've done this, the router will determine whether you can view the site using it's external IP address or domain while the phone is on the LAN (connected to local WiFi as you've shown in the image). Some providers routers do not allow "loopback" (connecting to the external IP address when your device is on the local network). Example: The NVR internal IP address is 192.168.0.200, the router external address is 82.45.234.7. If the user is on their home wifi they can connect to the system at 192.168.0.200 but possibly not (depending on router) at 82.45.234.7. You can prove this just be switching wifi off - if it starts working the router doesn't support loopback. If that's the case it's an easy fix. You just create two sites - "CCTV - Home" using the internal address (for when the user is at home AND connected to their WiFi) and "CCTV - Away" using the external address/domain (for when the user is out and using mobile data OR a remote WiFi network)

Back