01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect isn't working on my Android device

Wooders

I've been setting up my Hik NVR recently and using my Ipad and Android mobile for remote viewing. I had tried the Hik Connect app and the iVMS 4500 for viewing. iVMS seem to work ok on both platforms, but I couldn't get HIK connect to work properly on either. However, I discovered that on the Ipad, if I used my HIK connect username (not phone number or email as the prompt suggests) it works. But it still wont work on the Android phone. I'm sticking with iVMS 4500 on both as it seems to be working ok. However the app itself could be a bit more user friendly. Can anyone suggest any software (free) for viewing/editing on the PC. The remote viewing of the NVR isn't the best for replaying and saving a recording.

Hi @Wooders

Where did you download the Android version of Hik-Connect from? The latest version isn't actually available in the Android store, this post explains how to install it to check is this solves the issue: Hikvision's latest Hik-Connect App updates.

Hik-Connect is definitely the best App for remotely viewing the equipment on a mobile if you can use it, we tend to avoid iVMS-4500.

iVMS-4200 is the best PC software to use to play back and extract recordings, you will also need to use VS Player to view footage that has been extracted as it is saved in Hikvision's own type of MP4 format. We've heard that VLC Player works too.

You can also use a browser (Internet Explorer) to view the NVR footage, just type its IP address into the address bar and then use the password you set up with it to login to it.

Update 11th August 2022 - If you have landed at this thread you may be looking for information on a current widespread issue affecting the use of Hik-Connect with Android phones - more details here in this new thread:

Back