01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK Connect & iVMS-4500 login?

pmrc

Hi all

I have set up an account with Hik Connect, added the Device, etc.

I have iVMS-4500 app on the phone and can view the cameras OK. We have shared the login and password with a couple of other club members so they have access as well.

However one of the members left.
I changed the login password on HIK- Connect, but discovered on the phone, iVMS-4500, it remains logged in and still have access. It seems it never logs out on the phone app. Occasionally on the phone app it will ask when existing to confirm logout. But when I open app again, it pops right in and I Can view all cameras. I have now changed both the login email and and password Hik Connect, yet on the phone I can still access, never had to update login data. ( So I assume the member who has left has still access)

On the ipad , iVMS-4500 I logged out when I re-opened the app, could not access until i logged in with new details.

So am i missing something.

We have shared the login and password with a couple of other club members
It depends how you added the device and how you shared and it's difficult to know from your description. If you have registered your device to the HikConnect service, you should have shared the device through the app (not sure whether that option is available in IVMS-4500 - the app is obsolete). The additional users should have their own personal HikConnect accounts, with their own login details. You then share your device (as the owner) to those other users enabling them to view the device. What you shouldn't have done is share your HikConnect login as then you have multiple users connecting to the service with the same details and they can potentially administer the device, change the HikConnect password etc. When the device is solely added to the app using HikConnect login, as soon as you log out of the app, the cameras are not viewable in the app. If you're saying that the cameras are viewable when logged out, then you are connecting directly via IP/Domain in the app and this is using the device username and password rather than HikConnect for authentication.

iVMS-4500 has been discontinued (on February 14th) so it would be better to install the HikConnect for End User app and delete iVMS-4500 as it will not update and cannot be downloaded again if you delete it or change phone.

Back