01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Listing an EXTRA camera as Multi-window@DS-7608N-K2-8P

Jammy

Hi All,
I've been using Hik-Connect on my Android mobile for more than 12 months - without issues.
I use it to access my HikVision NVR with 4 cameras.
Over the last couple of days when I access the Hik Connect app on my Samsung mobile my Device it is showing my 4 cameras, Camera 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Plus an extra 5th Camera ??? which is listed as Multi-window@DS-7608N-K2-8P

When I go to the floating thumbnail view where I normally see the live view of my 4 cameras, I'm now seeing the "5th extra camera" as a black square, with a spinning circle as it tries to update the Live View, which always fails after around 15 seconds with the message "Video playing failed Error Code (240037)". My 4 cameras display the live view as usual without issues.

In the app settings I recently toggled on Auto-Download Upgrade file
I note I'm on the latest version of Hik Connect which only came out a few days ago ver 3.11.0.1012
Whereas on my Mrs phone (Auto download is OFF) she is on Hik-Connect ver 3.10.4.0925 and she does not have this problem.

I know its not the end of the world but I can't remove / delete the extra 5th camera from the Hik Connect app.
Where is the 5th camera coming from? Is it a bug on the latest version ?
Any ideas.
Thanks in Advance
Jammy

Yes, I have the same thing. Never noticed it because I set up a "favorite" on the home screen, a live view of all 8 cameras - which does not have that problem. But you're right, there is now a "9th" camera listed on my system called multi-window XXXXX. Strange.

Try setting up the favorite like I did and just view your cameras that way. On that note, another glitch appeared with the new update. The ordering of the windows in my "favorite" live view has changed in that the camera order is now reversed and I cannot reorder the windows to the way they were before. My first camera is now #8, and #8 is now the first.

Dan/Phil - any ideas on these two problems?

Last edited:
Thank you fullboogie.
I haven't used "favourites" before but will set them up now.

Back