01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect not showing motion?

Kilojade

Hi, I moved house about a year ago and only just put my Cctv back up. It’s the

Nvr Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P​

I updated the nvr to latest firmware 4.0 other than that nothing has changed.

I have noticed that on the app if I wanted to playback it will only show continuous playback. It doesn’t show motion playback but the nvr does.

I searched on here and seen people having the same problem but then people saying that’s normal not to have the smart playback on the app. However before I updated my nvr I always watched playback on my phone on the motion times. So on playback I just moved the line to the next red line to see when someone came into my garden this function is no longer there. No settings have changed everting is enabled just don’t get it.

Hi @Kilojade

Which firmware version did you update to, what version of Hik-Connect are you using, and is this on iOS or Android?

I'm afraid that the red line event markers are something that Hikvision removed from everything apart from the NVR's local interface, as they apparently caused stability issues.

You can still view motion detection clips quickly, these are just displayed in a gallery view rather than as markers in the timeline.
If you open playback, there is an "Event Messages" button at the bottom that brings all of the event clips up:

IMG_5494.jpg

Hi @Kilojade

Which firmware version did you update to, what version of Hik-Connect are you using, and is this on iOS or Android?

I'm afraid that the red line event markers are something that Hikvision removed from everything apart from the NVR's local interface, as they apparently caused stability issues.

You can still view motion detection clips quickly, these are just displayed in a gallery view rather than as markers in the timeline.
If you open playback, there is an "Event Messages" button at the bottom that brings all of the event clips up:

View attachment 8428

Hi, it’s a iPhone. And hik connect app I deleted it and re downloaded so I assume it’s up to date?

But yes have since realised they removed that feature for me it was a good feature. I can see the time frames on mine but it doesn’t make sense I think I need to set it up properly. It records some events but not all and I think the events recoded are on for like a hour? Attached pic. Doesn’t look right to me. Like if I walked in the garden I can’t find that event. It’s within a hour of the clip somewhere

Those long clips in your screenshot aren't the event clips - if you touch "event messages" below those then you'll see them.

You will need to make sure that you've ticked "notify surveillance center" in the linkage method settings for the relevant event to see these as well.

Those long clips in your screenshot aren't the event clips - if you touch "event messages" below those then you'll see them.

You will need to make sure that you've ticked "notify surveillance center" in the linkage method settings for the relevant event to see these as well.
Ar in the message bit it says no notifications. Will have a look on the nvr when I get home but I am sure everything is ticked

Double-check as it sounds like "notify surveillance centre" may be unticked.

If it's already ticked, can you confirm which firmware version you updated the NVR to and also what the model and firmware version of your camera is, please?

Double-check as it sounds like "notify surveillance centre" may be unticked.

If it's already ticked, can you confirm which firmware version you updated the NVR to and also what the model and firmware version of your camera is, please?
All cams have been updated mate I think it was you who helped me there. And the nvr 4.0.

It’s working now. I didn’t have surveillance clicked.

Just 1 more question though. My phone is constantly going off with motion alerts. Because it’s windy, is there a way to have alerts with just face recognition? Not motion. So if someone walks in my garden my phone goes off but doesn’t if it’s just a cat or leaves blowing.

Or can I just have a certain camera that’s motion and alerts but the others not to alert my phone. ?

Thanks for your help

Sorry for the delay in replying @Kilojade

If you have an Acusense camera, then you can set it to only trigger motion detection on people.
If you don't then using intrusion detection instead should help with the false positives.
This guide covers both of these things:

Or can I just have a certain camera that’s motion and alerts but the others not to alert my phone. ?
Yes, you can untick "notify surveillance centre" for the camera that you don't want to send alerts to your phone in the motion detection linkage method settings, or you can just silence that camera in the app by opening the camera, touching the settings button / 3 dots, and then going to Settings>Notification>Disable.

Back