01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry HIk-connect server litedev.sgp.hik-connect.com?

asafalfa

Hello everyone. I have a Hikvision model KD-8003 intercom connected to a KH-9510-WTE1 (non-B) version 2.1.28 build 210803.

As for the intercom, everything works fine except the hik connect, which is connecting to "litedev.sgp.hik-connect.com" while my location is in Israel, which is supposed to be connected to "litedev.eu.hik-connect.com," which is much closer, so I'm guessing that is causing some delay.

1. I tried changing it via the intercom (9510), but it keeps changing to "sgp" and not staying in "eu." Any suggestions on what I should do since it's a little bit delayed when people call and I'm not in my house and picking up via my iPhone?

2. Because my connection is very fast (5 GB down and up), I'd like to know if I can run a local server that will connect to my phone and call me when I'm not at home (by skipping HiKi Connect for a more stable connection and faster response, and possibly using Zero Connect if possible).

Please Help,

Thank you,
Asaf

Same Server location is set automatically for the DVR?

Not sure why sgp and how to change it ( until now it revert my changes)

Not sure. Could it be something to do with the region set in your personal Hik-Connect account? Perhaps that is set to a particular region/location (selected when you set up the account) and as you've added the intercom to that account, it's forcing the server location to match the registered account location.

In your Hik-Connect app click 'Me' in the lower right corner and click the account at the top of the page - that will show you the region that the account is registered in.

Thanks for the reply, Region is Israel in Hik-Connect.
Maybe you are right, but then I was expecting to see EU in the address of Hik-connect server since we are much closer to Europe than SGP, which stands for Singapore location.

Back