01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect wont register status online?

scottda

Hi all, sorry I know this is a pretty common question but I have read all the posts yet still cant find a solution.

I have a new DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR and 5 8MP Colorvu cams. Have it all set up (of sorts) still tinkering with settings etc. However unable to get the Hik-Connect online at all on the NVR.

Using my own IP addressing as cams connected directly to the network and not via POE ports (want to use secondary stream to go to Home Assistant). All cams are available in live view and working ok i think.

All on latest firmware, NVR is running 4.60.005 build 220108

IP address of NVR on my local network is 192.168.1.200
gateway is 192.168.1.1 (my router)
have also put in DNS settings of my gateway and or 8.8.8.8 and or 8.8.4.4 but it wont come online at all
encryption key set

have tried several server addresses including

litedev.hik-connect.com
dev.hik-connect.com

1650306905828.png

1650306982481.png

I cant even ping the address so cant see this will ever work... can anyone else ping these servers?

1650307073077.png

any ideas?

Hi @scotta

However unable to get the Hik-Connect online at all on the NVR.
The "Register Status" in the platform access configuration picture you sent above shows you are "Online"! :)
I think you have everything on the NVR set correctly.

I cant even ping the address so cant see this will ever work... can anyone else ping these servers?
I can't ping the Hik-connect servers either... I'm not sure if they reply to ping or if it's my firewall but in any case my setup is similar to yours and the main hurdle is to see the "Online" register status which you have working.

The next step would be to download the Hik-connect app on whatever phone/iPad etc. that you have...

then create a Hik-connect account...

then press the "+" button in the Hik-connect app to add a new device using the "Scan QR Code" option...

then press the "View" button next to "Hik-connect QR code" on the NVR to show the QR code you need to scan (you can see this button in your screen shot above)...

then use the phone to scan the QR code on the NVR.

I cant believe I did this..I tried so many times with so many combinations and it always said offline. I put them back to defaults to take the picture snip and just noticed the status was greyed out so probably assumed it was still offline, was expecting it to go bold like the rest of the settings when online. Sorry for wasting your time, all set up now and working fine. thank you...i feel rather silly now!

Back