01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik notifications stopped working?

Steve55

Hi. I have Hikvision NVR DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S with 2 Hikvision cameras DS-2CD2387G2-LU.
Everything was working fine until 22 December when I stopped receiving notifications for camera 1.
Then on 24 December camera 2 notifications stopped.
I had smart events set for both cameras, set in the camera configuration directly, (not in the NVR settings).
I have tried reinstalling the app and a few other things thinking it was a HikConnect issue but it appears to be something else.
The event notifications are logged in the NVR but not passed to the HikConnect app.
So I set the same smart events in the NVR configuration and now am getting notifications again.
Original notifications were for example "Intrusion Detection - Front Door"
New notification reads "Intrusion Detection - camera1@DS-7608NXI....."
My next step will probably be to default the cameras and start again.
All firmware and app are the latest releases.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Can’t give any advice sorry but I had this issue earlier in the year and it turned out to be hikvisions side. For what it’s worth my notifications are working fine so at least it helps you pin point it’s something your side. What, I don’t know sorry but hope it helps.

Just log out of the Hik-Connect app and then log back again. You need to refresh the connection to Hik-Connect for it to pick up the camera names (as you have titled them). It often just sorts itself out after a short time.

Just log out of the Hik-Connect app and then log back again. You need to refresh the connection to Hik-Connect for it to pick up the camera names (as you have titled them). It often just sorts itself out after a short time.
I first deleted the app and data then reinstalled and logged in, no difference.
Today I reset both cameras and reinstalled and configured.
After I had set up the first camera I tested the events and got notifications to the app. After configuring the second camera with identical settings I now get no notifications from either camera again.
Tried logging out of the app and logging back in, nothing.
Everything else is working perfectly, liveview, playback etc.

I first deleted the app and data then reinstalled and logged in, no difference.
Today I reset both cameras and reinstalled and configured.
After I had set up the first camera I tested the events and got notifications to the app. After configuring the second camera with identical settings I now get no notifications from either camera again.
Tried logging out of the app and logging back in, nothing.
Everything else is working perfectly, liveview, playback etc.
I think you took the nuclear option when you deleted the app, reset cameras etc and that won't resolve it (a bit like swatting a fly with a sledge hammer!)

For the names, you might find that if you simply rename the NVR (in the Hik Connect app) it will refresh them and they'll come through correctly:
  • Open HikConnect and remain on the Home page
  • Click the '3 dot' icon to the right of your NVR, then select 'Settings'
  • At the top of the screen click your recorder
  • Edit the device name to 'Home' (or whatever you want. I have mine as 'Home - Cloud' as I also have a direct connection to the NVR outside of the Hik-Connect Service and I need to be able to differentiate)
  • Click the tick to save it
That might resolve it. From the same settings screen you can also click on 'Linked Camera' and the names are editable manually, but I've never needed to do that.

I think you took the nuclear option when you deleted the app, reset cameras etc and that won't resolve it (a bit like swatting a fly with a sledge hammer!)

For the names, you might find that if you simply rename the NVR (in the Hik Connect app) it will refresh them and they'll come through correctly:
  • Open HikConnect and remain on the Home page
  • Click the '3 dot' icon to the right of your NVR, then select 'Settings'
  • At the top of the screen click your recorder
  • Edit the device name to 'Home' (or whatever you want. I have mine as 'Home - Cloud' as I also have a direct connection to the NVR outside of the Hik-Connect Service and I need to be able to differentiate)
  • Click the tick to save it
That might resolve it. From the same settings screen you can also click on 'Linked Camera' and the names are editable manually, but I've never needed to do that.
Thanks very much for this. I did as instructed and the names now appear correctly.
I am now getting event notifications from camera 1 but not camera 2. Still have no idea why they stopped.
All notifications are logged on the NVR but only camera 1 events are getting to the Hik connect app , which is an improvement.
If I set Basic Events in the NVR then I get notifications no problem.
The in camera Smart Events are triggering the camera lights as they should.

If I set Basic Events in the NVR then I get notifications no problem.
The in camera Smart Events are triggering the camera lights as they should.
The only thing I can recommend is that all events whether Basic or Smart are setup in the NVR menu and not the camera menu (including the 'Notify Surveillance' option). There may be the odd Smart Event option (depending on NVR model and firmware) that is missing in the NVR menu but present in the camera (minimum/maximum target size as an example). Set those missing options and only those missing options, directly on the camera but only after you've set all other options via the NVR menu.

The only thing I can recommend is that all events whether Basic or Smart are setup in the NVR menu and not the camera menu (including the 'Notify Surveillance' option). There may be the odd Smart Event option (depending on NVR model and firmware) that is missing in the NVR menu but present in the camera (minimum/maximum target size as an example). Set those missing options and only those missing options, directly on the camera but only after you've set all other options via the NVR menu.
I will give this a try when I have some spare time.
Many thanks for your help.

Hi Steve55,
i have exactly the same Problem with one of my cam. Did you managed it to work correctly ? If yes, could you please tell me what to do......i also tried many things but without success !? I would be very thankful.

Back