01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik Vision CCTV Line Crossing

Alan G

I have recently purchased an HIK CCTV system and I am struggling setting line crossing ,

1543775767531.png

The Motion Detection works fine with Hik Connect on my I Phone , but I do get loads of alarms due to Cobwebs , Spiders and Pigeons etc , It was suggested to use Spiderex spray along with line crossing , I get how to set up line crossing but am unsure which recording settings it needs to run with:

Continuous
Motion
Alarm
Motion | Alarm
Motion & Alarm
Event

The retailer tells me I can only use it on one channel but the manual suggest it works on all 4 either way it triggers the line crossing on the one channel I have used to test it but sends no recording to playback on Hik Connect just the pop up as a message . Is it my recording settings? Should it run under Motion Detection and do I just clear the down areas in basic motion detection , will it only work on one channel?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Alan

Event recording is what you want here.

Got caught out in the same way with my NVR in the early days.

Cheers.

Thanks Phil I won't tell you how many hours I have spent on this! So I turn off motion detection then replace it with Event for that channel , do you have any idea if there is a limit to the channels I can have line crossing on?

I use either Line Crossing or Intrusion detection on all 12 or my cameras on a DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P.

Some cameras use both & have one of the events linked on a time schedule to the alarm output.

The alarm output is connected across the switch of a wireless doorbell so I get a notification inside after hours for intrusions in certain areas.

Much less false triggering than motion detection, although some of the areas are still triggered by the odd stray cat.

Cheers.

Back