01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Hik-Vision Compatibility Problems with Mac OSX 10.14.6 Mojave

photodocjax

I have a new installation of Hik-Vision cameras (Nov. 2019). The cameras and DVR are working correctly as evident by visibility on a TV monitor and Hik-Connect on a mobile phone. I have tried to view the camera output on my MAC(s) without success. Using iVMS-4200 V2.0.0.10, or Hik Vision using the Safari Browser (V13.0.3), or Firefox, or Sea Monkey, (all latest downloads) - I get the error message "No plug-in detected", despite the fact that I have downloaded the latest plug-in for MAC 64 bit from the His-Vision website.
I am running the latest Firmware for the DVR.

I have the latest version of Adobe Flash, enabled Flash Player specifically the His-Vision IP address - but no luck.
Any help much appreciated.

I have a new installation of Hik-Vision cameras (Nov. 2019). The cameras and DVR are working correctly as evident by visibility on a TV monitor and Hik-Connect on a mobile phone. I have tried to view the camera output on my MAC(s) without success. Using iVMS-4200 V2.0.0.10, or Hik Vision using the Safari Browser (V13.0.3), or Firefox, or Sea Monkey, (all latest downloads) - I get the error message "No plug-in detected", despite the fact that I have downloaded the latest plug-in for MAC 64 bit from the His-Vision website.
I am running the latest Firmware for the DVR.

I have the latest version of Adobe Flash, enabled Flash Player specifically the His-Vision IP address - but no luck.
Any help much appreciated.

There are a few threads on this topic. Hikvision seem to be withdrawing support for Mac OSX.

There are a few threads on this topic. Hikvision seem to be withdrawing support for Mac OSX.
PROBLEM SOLVED - Thanks to MIE CCTV - Apparently each cam must have the encryption key added in order to decrypt the video. This can be done in iVMS-4200 in the Device Management tab, under the "Group" sub-tab. Each cam must be separately highlighted, then "Modify" and enter the encryption key (set up when Hik-connect is setup). It is also necessary to set Safari Preferences tab "Websites" to insure that Adobe Flash Plug-in is highlighted and that the web site containing your DVR (e.g. http://192.168.1.xx) is added to the sites that allow Flash Player. It is a great pity that this procedure cannot be clearly laid out somewhere instead of having to hunt for it. The video is now working perfectly with OSX 10.14.6

Back