01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikconnect - I have a 3mobile router at site, how do I access my cameras remotely?

aidank

Good evening,

I have a Hikvision PTZ camera DS-de4220 camera, all working fine on my local Intranet.

I can also view it on my mobile phone via Hikconnect or ivms4500 when I connect my phone to the local intranet.

I now want to be able to access it online from outside my home, thus I guess I need to open ports on my router. Its a Huawei router and I have just purchased a SIM card for it, so that brings in the online into the equation.

I was wondering What ports do I need to open on the router ?

From the manual linked above I see this
As the settings mentioned above, forward the port 80, 8000, 8200~8210 and 554 for the network speed dome at 192.168.1.23. (Appendix 2 pg 108)

Its a 3mobile router if that make any difference.

I see conflicting information and then I came across this How does it know IP addresses

Anyone able to advise what I need to do

Good evening,

I have a Hikvision PTZ camera DS-de4220 camera, all working fine on my local Intranet.

I can also view it on my mobile phone via Hikconnect or ivms4500 when I connect my phone to the local intranet.

I now want to be able to access it online from outside my home, thus I guess I need to open ports on my router. Its a Huawei router and I have just purchased a SIM card for it, so that brings in the online into the equation.

I was wondering What ports do I need to open on the router ?

From the manual linked above I see this
As the settings mentioned above, forward the port 80, 8000, 8200~8210 and 554 for the network speed dome at 192.168.1.23. (Appendix 2 pg 108)

Its a 3mobile router if that make any difference.

I see conflicting information and then I came across this How does it know IP addresses

Anyone able to advise what I need to do
Port forwarding as you describe would normally allow the camera to be accessed remotely using iVMS or Hik Connect. However that will only work if your external IP address is routable. It's unlikely that the SIM card you have has a routable IP address. This means although you can create an outgoing connection to the internet from your router, you may not be able to initiate an inbound connection from the internet to your camera even if you know the current IP address of the SIM as the Telco will just drop the connection.

You could try forgetting port forwarding completely and registering the camera with the Hik Connect service and try it that way. As the Hik Connect by default uses P2P, the connection to the service is established by the camera and therefore once that's setup the inbound connection may work. I've never tried this myself with a SIM connection but it's worth a try. Alternatively there are suppliers who can provide you with a routable SIM card and static IP address at a premium cost.

Back