01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikivision 8MP IP PTZ Camera & NVR

Renan3970

Guys, I'm planning to buy a "Hikivision-Compatible" 8MP PTZ IP camera that's made by Panoeagle. However, my laptop's monitor can only display a maximum resolution of 1080p. Fortunately, I own an LG 4K OLED TV set. My question, then, is as follows: Do I need to buy an NVR to view the 8MP PTZ camera's 4K resolution on my 4K OLED TV set? I really don't want to buy an NVR just for the sake of a single IP camera & I don't plan on buying more IP cameras either. One camera is enough for me.

You could perhaps use a 'decoder' - which would take the IP stream and provide an HDMI output to your TV. But, you'd need to be confident that it was compatible with your Panoeagle camera, and a decoder may cost more than a basic 4-camera NVR:
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder

Otherwise, do Panoeagle offer Windows software that will run on your laptop and out put 4K via its HDMI out (if it has one) to your TV?

Upvote 0
You could perhaps use a 'decoder' - which would take the IP stream and provide an HDMI output to your TV. But, you'd need to be confident that it was compatible with your Panoeagle camera, and a decoder may cost more than a basic 4-camera NVR:
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder

Otherwise, do Panoeagle offer Windows software that will run on your laptop and out put 4K via its HDMI out (if it has one) to your TV?
Panoeagle does offer a choice of two Windows software that'll run on my laptop to set up the PTZ camera: AjDevTools & SADP. After setting up the camera, all I have to do is open a web browser & type in the camera's IP address, which will in turn open a window entitled "IP Camera Web Login." After logging in with the username & password, I'll see the camera's live footage on my laptop & OLED TV. The latter is a smart TV with a built-in web browser, which allows me to surf the web & basically do the same stuff that my laptop can do.

I'll likely experience problems setting up the camera, since it'll be my first time doing so. In any case, either AjDevTools or SADP will allow me to view the camera's 4K live footage, using my laptop & OLED TV. It's just a hassle, though, having to type the camera's IP address on the web browser & then login with the username & password. With an NVR, all I have to do is select the corresponding HDMI port on my OLED TV (4 ports are available) that the NVR is connected to via an HDMI cable. And Voila! the camera's 4K live footage instantly appears on the OLED TV screen like magic. Hehe...

Thanks for the reply. I'll buy an NVR whenever I decide to buy another IP camera, although that won't happen anytime soon.

Upvote 0
FYI browsers typically limit the displayed image to 1920 x 1080.
If you screengrab it, and then check the image size that you have grabbed in an image program such as paint.net that will reveal the actual resolution you are seeing on-screen.
I suspect that your laptop will just relay same image size (not 4K) from your laptop browser to your TV.

And, the browsers built into TVs don't typically have the add-on components required to stream video from your IP camera :(

Upvote 0
In the event that you're right about the built-in web browser of my 4K OLED TV not having the add-on components required to stream video from the 4K PTZ camera, then I'll just have to buy a 4K NVR--something that I wish to avoid until a need to purchase a second camera arises.

Upvote 0
Back