01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikivision DS-7B08HUHI-K1 settings are not updating after reboot. How to fix?

venkatnrit

Initially, when I am staring the device for the first time, I gave admin password, security questions, Unlock pattern and other settings. Now my device is locked at these settings. I am unable to change them.

I tried changing my network settings/firmware upgrade/Adding users/any other change I do. I am getting settings were succesfully saved notification. But after Reboot all settings were unchanged. Please help me.
2021-06-15 (1).png

Hi @venkatnrit

It is a DVR model we have never seen before and I can't find any firmware that relates to this model, so all I can recommend is that you go into Maintenance and hard reset the DVR to start from scratch and set a new password, unlock pattern, etc...

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply. I think my DVR is similar to DS-7208HUHI-K1

I've tried 'Reset' 'Reset to Inactive' and 'Default'
But none of them are helpful.

By the way, I am seeing a red indicator on the motherboard. I am attaching the screenshot for your reference. Please let me know if this is of any use to solve my issue.

I have also tried replacing CMOS.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-15 at 20.50.18.jpeg

If there is any way using pins on the motherboard if I can reset the DVR please let me know so I give it a try.

Try:
Run Internet Explorer as an administrator

Also, if the above makes no difference, as you seem to be using a laptop via wi-fi, try connecting your laptop to your network with a cable.
I know, it should not make a difference, but it's step that got added to our firmware update guide for a good reason :rolleyes:

Hi Phil,

Thank you!
I'll check and update you tomorrow. It is placed at my home and I regularly visit on the weekends.

Hello @venkatnrit,
I actually have the exact similar motherboard with a shorted buck converter.
The components are fried up and I am unable to read the markings on top of them.
Could you kindly check the markings for me.
I am referring to the below,
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-15 at 20.50.18.jpeg

You will find a marking written on the two chips like AUC. It could be different. This is why I need to get them confirmed before ordering.

Hope you could help me out.
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Buck_marking.png
    Buck_marking.png
    790.6 KB · Views: 107
Back