01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 2121G0 camera not recording to microSD memory card

Seancity123

Hi, I have a Hikvision Network camera that is able to save recordings into the SD card but I am unable to view the recordings in the playback tab when using a web browser. I have to manually take out the SD card from the CCTV and read it on my laptop to confirm that the recordings are being saved. I am unable to locate any of the recorded videos. Is there any way to solve this issue? Note, I do not use a NVR.

1578382720237.png

1578382772278.png

Last edited:
I haven't looked at this topic for some time - do you need to run Internet Explorer as an administrator?

I haven't looked at this topic for some time - do you need to run Internet Explorer as an administrator?

Yes, I have to use IE as the admin. I'm having issues retrieving data from the SD card within the CCTV. Do you know anyway for me to retrieve the data?

It looks as if nothing has recorded.
Did the card format OK at the beginning?
Sometimes, in the event of problems, people find it helps to format the microSD card in a PC first, then again in the camera.

It looks as if nothing has recorded.
Did the card format OK at the beginning?
Sometimes, in the event of problems, people find it helps to format the microSD card in a PC first, then again in the camera.

The SD card is already formatted and the recordings are being saved in it. When I take out the sd card from the cctv and read it from my pc, the video recordings are there. However, when I try to view the recordings directly from the cctv with the web browser, there were no files recorded.

Windows 10 PC?
IE11?
Run as administrator?
Definitely browsing to the correct camera?
Is it the only camera on your network?
What camera model?
What firmware version are you currently using?
Do you have an alternative card you could use as a test?

Windows 10 PC?
IE11?
Run as administrator?
Definitely browsing to the correct camera?
Is it the only camera on your network?
What camera model?
What firmware version are you currently using?
Do you have an alternative card you could use as a test?

Yes, I'm running as admin.
I only have one camera so it should be the right device.
The camera model is DS-2CD2121G0-I.
I'm not too sure about the firmware.
And I will have to look around for a spare SD card.

We think this is the latest firmware:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

It's not a model we have ever offered.

Below is the picture of the model package. In the third picture, it shows that the SD card within the camera can store the video record. However, I cannot directly retrieve the video record from the camera. I have been going round in circles and I hope that you can highlight where I might have made a misconfiguration.

1578451224545.png

1578445067360.png

1578447349014.png

Attachments

• 1578445022112.png
    1578445022112.png
    514.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Have you configured the camera to record to the card?
e.g. see the initial Posts in this thread.

Have you configured the camera to record to the card?
e.g. see the initial Posts in this thread.

When I restarted my computer, everything seems to be working fine. I didn't need to change anything and I can now view the video stored within the SD card. I'm not too sure why the issue happened in the first place, but it seems ok for now. Thanks for your time and patience with me.

Back