01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 2nd Gen Video Intercom - is it broken?

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Just installed and it's either broken or not fit for purpose imho - but what do you think? The linked clip from my new Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 Door Station was taken at native 1080p resolution from a live view in iVMS-4200 (it looks the same in other viewers). I realise that artifacts appear in night footage but this, according to the experienced Hikvision installer, looks like a swarm of swirling dust particles trapped inside the sealed unit. Separately the pixels are jumping around every two seconds in blocky transitions even though nothing is moving: the camera is fixed; there was no wind; and no intruders, praise be. And there is some light out there - two soft downlighters and some IR help from another camera 7 metres away.

The dust and the pixel shifting are continuous throughout the night when the dust is presumably reflecting IR light. I can't see it during the day - but the pixels still shift, albeit less often.

What I would really like to know is whether others are satisfied with this product or are the dust clouds in every unit?

That’s terrible it must be dirt, I’ve just ordered a 6113 from NL due to them not being on sale in the UK for a few months. It has the same camera or at least the same spec, I’ll be posting a review when it arrives and let you knwo

It is certainly below the expected performance.
Is it installed correctly?
Is the cover correctly fitted?
I wouldn't expect to see the circle/ring of the cover.
And a lot of the marks/reflection could well be due to dirt or some other issue with the cover window.

Professionally installed Phil and it's a sealed unit so a] no way to avoid the 'ring' and b] no cover to come off. The lens had been carefully cleaned before I grabbed that footage.

I have just discovered that the 3.2.0.10 version of iVMS-4200 adds the option to turn off the IR light so I will try that tonight. But there's still a lot of pixel shifting going on, even in daylight. At a guess, this isn't a native 1080p camera as claimed but an upscaled version of their 1st generation 760p camera.

Maybe get your installer to discuss it with his supplier.
A quick look in our systems shows we have had nine customers build systems around that module.
Some ordered again.
No complaints.

There are a few others on Youtube complaining of this same issue so it presumably affected at least a batch from the factory. Hivision have just sent me a firmware patch (v2.0.8_build200409) which cures it so that proves it was a fault. The link is to my copy of the file they sent me which I can vouch for but Hikvision should now send this out directly if asked for it - or will roll out a public v2.0.8 firmware patch.

The fix also allowed me to see the blobby IR artifacts which are generated by my dusk-til-dawn downliter which is installed above the KD8003 so I also sorted that out with a hood/shield.

The saga is documented in this opus:

Hikvision DS-1250ZJ hood adapted to make a light/rain shield for my DS-KD8003-IME1 video intercom:

Hood for Hikvision Video Intercom.png

Back