01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 7608-K2 NVR - Sound Alarm Setting?

gp116126

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello all.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to turn the audible alarm on and off without going into each cameras event notification setting.

Find it strange that there isn't one on /off switch for the alarm so guess i may have missed something.

I am using version 3 software on a 7608 k2.

Thanks

Hello all.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to turn the audible alarm on and off without going into each cameras event notification setting.

Find it strange that there isn't one on /off switch for the alarm so guess i may have missed something.

I am using version 3 software on a 7608 k2.

Thanks
Audible alarm on the NVR (beep) or audible alarm through the cameras speaker?

Nothing you can do with NVR bleep alarm - it's enabled or disabled. You could fit your own 12V DC piezo beeper. Pop it in a surface backbox with a 1 gang light switch on the front, the sounder would be connected to a 12V PSU via output 1 on the NVR. Then you would disable audible alarm in the actions in favour of switching output 1. That would allow you to enable/disable the audible alarm with the light switch. A bit Heath Robinson but it'll do what you want.

If however you're referring to audible camera alarms, it's a case of setting up your alarms and actions to a schedule in most cases. You can configure events to one schedule but the audible camera alarms to another. In addition in the Hik Connect app you can quickly switch off push notifications along with audio & strobe light, while still receiving events as shown below. Of course you need to be using Hik Connect and have your system connect using the Hik Connect service for that.

IMG_3620.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks a lot JB

It's the audible NVR alarm so you're tech fix would be the solution. Might give it a go.

Thanks a lot JB

It's the audible NVR alarm so you're tech fix would be the solution. Might give it a go.
No problem. You just need a 12V dc PSU - nothing fancy, you could just butcher an old 12V phone charger. Plug it in next to your NVR and use a bit of alarm cable or bell wire to connect it. The buzzer/bleeper (Amazon I guess since we can’t walk into a Maplins anymore!) can be stuck inside the light switch box for ease. If your NVR is accessible you can put it there or run the cable out to somewhere more central/convenient. Wire as below:

IMG_3621.jpg

Something like this for the sounder. If it's too loud you can wrap it with something to dampen the sound within the lights switch box:

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 19.54.11.png

Last edited:
Back