01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 7608NI E2/8P NVR - is it possible to convert it to baseline firmware?

nimiche

Hi,
I have an old 7608NI E2/8P NVR.
It was marked SICEP7608 and have a different firmware, it is possible to convert to baseline firmware?

Hi @nimiche

When you say "marked" do you mean that the label on the NVR has the model number as "SICEP7608"? If that is the case then it would suggest what you have is an OEM/rebadged Hikvision product which will use custom firmware provided by the OEM brand and you won't be able to force the NVR onto Hikvision's Baseline firmware.

Hi @nimiche

When you say "marked" do you mean that the label on the NVR has the model number as "SICEP7608"? If that is the case then it would suggest what you have is an OEM/rebadged Hikvision product which will use custom firmware provided by the OEM brand and you won't be able to force the NVR onto Hikvision's Baseline firmware.
Hi,
yes I have this situation.
the problem is that the Sicep has close their activity, and It is impossible to have any firmware upgrade. There is the possibility to force the firmware onto the baseline.

Hi @nimiche

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to force it onto the Hikvision Baseline version.

This is one of the many reasons we discourage people from using OEM brands, their firmware support is often patchy and behind the latest firmware that the original manufacturer offers. Also, you are always at risk, with there being 100s of OEM brands attached to one manufacture, of those OEM brands just going bust and stopping support.

Hi,
yes I have this situation.
the problem is that the Sicep has close their activity, and It is impossible to have any firmware upgrade. There is the possibility to force the firmware onto the baseline.
Out of interest, what firmware version are you currently running on your oem DS-7608NI-E2/8P?

Last edited:
Back