01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision activated, not acessible

thomahawk

Hi everyone
I just got a Hikvision ds-2cd2042wd-i and trying for hours, I am still not able to access it in the browser. I must say I am used to Foscam, they are not exactly easy, but nothing on that level!

I was able to activate the Hikvision using SADP. Setting password and then try to access it via Browser and the stadard set IP 192.168.0.64 - nothing. Neither directly PC-Camera connected nor on the network. And trying different IP settings, f.e. DHCP or specific IP and then over the network - nothing. On my fritzbox when I check for everything connected, that camera is never listed.

I really don't know what else to do! Any suggestions?

Greetings
Thom

Hi Thom, When you view your camera with SADP and activate it you should also (next step):
1. Set the password - that's the step you're forced to do to activate it [then put a tick in the box at the left of the row in the SADP table for the device and ...]
2. Set the camera's network IP address
3. Enter your router's IP address ("Gateway")
4. Tick DHCP if you want your router to set the camera's IP address rather than doing it manually.

It's often sensible (especially if you are unsure / not confident about what IP address to set for your camera) to let your router set the address initially via DHCP. This will avoid the possibility of duplicate devices on the same IP address. It also avoids typos - an issue we see all too often (a missing dot, or 192.168.1. when it should be 192.168.0, etc.

Your camera's IP address must be in the same domain range as your router's.
i.e. the first three sets of numbers need to be exactly the same - the 192.168.1 part.
The camera and the router are specifically addressed in the domain range by the figure entered in the last three digits of the IP address which needs to be set somewhere between 0 & 255.
Devices with IP addresses set in this way are said to be in the same domain range.

After you've established a suitable IP address for your camera or NVR we would recommend unticking the DHCP tick-box. Your device's IP address should then be forever fixed at that IP address and you will always know where to find it on your network (you'll always enter the same address for it in your browser's address bar. Otherwise, if you leave DHCP ticked, your router has the privilege to change the device's IP address each time the router is restarted.

Hi Phil
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I already tried all that. I did set DHCP (confirmed by reconnect the camera in SADP and check again, it was indeed still set to DHCP), but it never got listed on the router (Fritz Box, all my connected devices are clearly named, no new one appears). So it's really a mystery to me.

OK. One step ahead. I changed the ethernet cable. Now the camera gets listed and I was able to login from browser. Thanks!

Back