01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Acusense in place of intruder alarm?

Tponter

Good evening everybody.

I have a customer that would like 4 cameras installed (2 internally and 2 externally) at his workshop. He would also like an intruder alarm fitted with an autodialler so that if the alarm is triggered he can remotely view the cameras and take action from there.
Looking at the Hikvision Acusense Darkfighter (DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL) would it be possible to use these as an intruder alarm and not bother with a separate alarm?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Personally I wouldn't. From experience the various false alarms you get from using 'line crossings' and 'intruder detection' wouldn't make them reliable enough for me to use them purely as an intruder alarm. If he's asleep - he's going to miss the little ping notifications. If he wants an alarm with an auto dialler - look at the hikvision axpro range. They have the option of installing a simcard - which on alarm activation will call your mobile and tell you the alarm has been triggered. Aside from the 'brains' that needs mains power - the rest of the system is wireless with batteries (replaceable) that last around 3 years.

Well I can’t argue with that, you make a very good point about being asleep and missing the notification.
Can the strobe and sirens option be disabled? I was speaking to him today and he would like to have a wired alarm system (that doesn’t have an external siren/sounder/bell box) that autodials him when triggered. He will then remotely check the cameras and decide on a course of action from there. For some reason he doesn’t want any lights, bells, etc going off whilst he’s being burgled ‍

Now I think about it, a non-Acusense Darkfighter camera system is probably more what he’s after

The ax pro system is modular - you don’t need to add a sounder bell or strobe if you don’t want one. It can auto dial when a sensor is triggered as long as you have a valid sim card fitted.

Personally I wouldn't. From experience the various false alarms you get from using 'line crossings' and 'intruder detection' wouldn't make them reliable enough for me to use them purely as an intruder alarm. If he's asleep - he's going to miss the little ping notifications. If he wants an alarm with an auto dialler - look at the hikvision axpro range. They have the option of installing a simcard - which on alarm activation will call your mobile and tell you the alarm has been triggered. Aside from the 'brains' that needs mains power - the rest of the system is wireless with batteries (replaceable) that last around 3 years.
Android you can set custom notification sounds for individual apps, I have Hikvision notifications set to eye of the tiger MP3 :) . IOS on this part is pretty poor, as it doesn't allow custom app notifications and the default "ping" is all you get. On the "various false alarm point". I have 4 DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL configured around my property, I have now got these fine tuned to literally 0 false alarms. Target detection combined with a minimum size is a game changer. I don't have a house alarm as I am pretty confident the audible warning alarm that rings out on all 4 cameras if 1 camera is tripped would be enough to deter any opportunistic burglars. The alarm is set on a schedule between 11.45PM and 5.30AM daily. I work from home so daytime isn't an issue.

I also utilise Blue Iris with Deepstack and MQTT requests to Alexa that turns on all the lights in the property and also turns on 2 TV's with Firesticks connected to them and plays youtube videos at a decent volume on the above schedule.

I also have 4G sim in my router as a backup.

I was burgled in March which was an awful situation. I spent a good chunk of change having all the doors replaced to strong composite and Ultion 3 star plus locks. I have also had the glass replaced on all the ground floor windows to 6.8mm laminated glass

If they manage to get in now without me knowing and without waking me then they are professional burglars, but I have done more than 99% of people so pretty sure they'll move on to the next house.

Having an alarm is ok, but if the alarm is ringing, then at that point they are already in the property and it is too late, your sense of security goes out the window. Deterring them at the perimeter of your property with an alarm from within Hikvision camera and strobing lights is a much better approach imho, but each to their own.

I also utilise Blue Iris with Deepstack and MQTT requests to Alexa....
Are you using hikvision NVR and Blur Iris, or just Blue Iris to manage cameras? Curious how good is Blue Iris and Hikvision Smart Event integration? Is Deepstack pretty good at Human detection?

Back