01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION ALARM OUTPUT WIRING

JeromeBl

I would like to use a 12 volt stroboscoop light as an alarm signal when crossing a line. My camera is a DS-2CD2F42FWD-IWS. The connection to a Hikvision microfone is working fine. can some one tell me how to connect the wires between 12 volt adapter, stroboscoop and camera out connector?

I would like to use a 12 volt stroboscoop light as an alarm signal when crossing a line. My camera is a DS-2CD2F42FWD-IWS. The connection to a Hikvision microfone is working fine. can some one tell me how to connect the wires between 12 volt adapter, stroboscoop and camera out connector?
You just switch the 0V through the camera alarm output connector:
  • +12V positive of the adapter direct to the +12V of your strobe
  • 0V of the adapter to one terminal of the camera output connector (G or GND if marked)
  • The other terminal of the camera output connector to the 0V of the strobe
Note: You should check that the strobes power requirements do not exceed the rating of the camera alarm output contacts (that is not detailed on the camera data but is usually 1 Amp 24V max). If it's a standard 12V strobe light I wouldn't expect it to draw more than around 200mA and should be OK, but you should check that if you're not sure.

Thanks JB1970, strobe is now constant flashing slow, ouput is 11 volt (input is 12.20) . No alarm settings made in the camera. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220104_094938.jpg
    20220104_094938.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,684
Thanks JB1970, strobe is now constant flashing slow, ouput is 11 volt (input is 12.20) . No alarm settings made in the camera. Any ideas?
Take the wires out and pop your multimeter across while set to continuity - it should be open circuit/infinite resistance.

If so, try inverting the two 0V connections at the alarm output. If that doesn't make a difference - connect the 0v direct to the strobe and switch the +12V from the adapter through the adapter to the +12V of the strobe instead. It is supposed to be a volt free output but it looks as though there's a connection to GND.

when i invert the 0v connections the output is 12volt.
when i use the multimeter on the output connectors it measures nothing

Attachments

• 20220104_111458.jpg
    20220104_111458.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 606
when i invert the 0v connections the output is 12volt.
when i use the multimeter on the output connectors it measures nothing
That's strange. If the G and O/P terminals on the block are open as you've shown with the meter, the alarm output is off and no voltage should be switching across. All I can think is that something is feeding back through the speaker connection or the PoE splitter as the alarm ground and audio ground connection may be common in the camera. Try it with the audio terminal block to your speaker separated. It doesn't help but it may prove that's the cause.

thanks for your help i give up for this camera i think it is broken on the alarm outlet

thanks for your help i give up for this camera i think it is broken on the alarm outlet
It's possible I suppose but more likely what I said regarding the common 0V. Without the wiring connected again. Connect the multi meter across the terminals as you did before - it will be open circuit as before. Then log into the camera and configure alarm input 1 on the camera as normally open and set its actions as just to trigger output 1. Bridging the input terminals with a short piece of wire for a moment will switch the output terminals closed circuit for the time specified in the alarm output settings and the multimeter will read closed circuit. That proves the operation of the output on the camera. You may have to use the output to switch a mini relay - that would give you a true volt free contact on the relay when switched.

Back